What's wrong with Payday 2?

VAkena

I've just downloaded Payday 2 and when I tried running it, it wouldn't run. There's nothing wrong with my PC - all drivers are up to date and so on. Does anyone know what's wrong? the game simply won't start.

I've just downloaded Payday 2 and when I tried running it, it wouldn't run. There's nothing wrong with my PC - all drivers are up to date and so on. Does anyone know what's wrong? the game simply won't start.

verify the game cache , sometimes a few files fail to download 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

verify the game cache , sometimes a few files fail to download 

How do I do that? If I need to download something can you please paste the link to it?

How do I do that? If I need to download something can you please paste the link to it?

Right click on the game in steam from memory

Right click on the game in steam from memory

Is it "verify Integrity of game cache"?

Is it "verify Integrity of game cache"?

yes 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

It's verifying now, thanks mate

yea no worries , if that doesnt work then id hit up steam support 

Spoiler
Spoiler

yea no worries , if that doesnt work then id hit up steam support 

haha haa ha ... ha steam support ha ha

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Did it work?

It booted me to the game menu then crashed, after finding a helpful video on YouTube, it turns out when you download it - it doesn't download the .dll file the enables the game to run. All in all, there's a file missing when you download the game and you must download it to stop the crashing.