Help w/ Custom Bios

Nasty
Go to solution Solved by Raudi_,

I do realize that but what would there to be gone wrong? If I follow everything as follows it should potentially go smooth? Or is that not always the case.

Its never always the case. You need to make sure the BIOS is meant for the memory type that your card is. Flashing the wrong BIOS can brick the card and getting into the second bios is a bit of a hassle as well

So I've been looking into how to get a custom bios on a G1 GTX 970 here. Anyways, I was going to download the middle BIOS for power or whatever. So am I correct that all you would do is do what the video says and it should be fine, or did things change by now. 

CPU: I5-7600k(5.1GHz)                                                       RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED(2x8GB @ 3200MHz/CAS-15)              Case: Cooler Master HAF 912

Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO                                                      Storage: 850 EVO 250GB - 2x(1TB WD Blue(Raid 0))                                   PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W B2

Mobo: ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO                                       GPU: G1 GTX 970                                                                                                  OS: Windows 10

Should be how it goes, but remember if you brick your card it is your own doing and you have no warranty to cover it as flashing the custom bios voids the warrenty

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Should be how it goes, but remember if you brick your card it is your own doing and you have no warranty to cover it as flashing the custom bios voids the warrenty

I do realize that but what would there to be gone wrong? If I follow everything as follows it should potentially go smooth? Or is that not always the case.

CPU: I5-7600k(5.1GHz)                                                       RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED(2x8GB @ 3200MHz/CAS-15)              Case: Cooler Master HAF 912

Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO                                                      Storage: 850 EVO 250GB - 2x(1TB WD Blue(Raid 0))                                   PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W B2

Mobo: ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO                                       GPU: G1 GTX 970                                                                                                  OS: Windows 10

Its never always the case. You need to make sure the BIOS is meant for the memory type that your card is. Flashing the wrong BIOS can brick the card and getting into the second bios is a bit of a hassle as well

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Ok, I literally just got the card 2 days ago. Not going to take the risk. Thankyou for your input. I can stand the noise level.

Ok, I literally just got the card 2 days ago. Not going to take the risk. Thankyou for your input. I can stand the noise level.

It's not that hard to flash a bios...you'd literally have to be a brain dead monkey, drooling on your keyboard to mess up the flash.  There are a couple of hundred different custom bios versions out for the G1, all the way from stock voltages and clock settings with increased power limits to extreme water cooling bios versions with 1.312v, boost disabled, increased power limits and base clocks at around 1531.

If you're interested, these guys can help you.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1573308/nvidia-gtx-900-cards-custom-bios-upon-request/970

CPU: Ryzen 1600X @ 4.15ghz  MB: ASUS Crosshair VI Mem: 32GB GSkill TridenZ 3200
GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

a lot can go wrong

even if you follow the instructions its not guaranteed that it will work, and you could end up with a bricked card

tbh its not worth risking $300

if you want more performance buy a better GPU

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

a lot can go wrong

even if you follow the instructions its not guaranteed that it will work, and you could end up with a bricked card

tbh its not worth risking $300

if you want more performance buy a better GPU

It's not that hard to recover from a bad flash...even if you do trip and fall on the fail button and happen to mess it up somehow.  Plus....pretty sure the G1 has a dual bios.

I've flashed my cards probably 40 times in the last few months, trying different settings.  Do you know how many times the flash failed?  If you guessed "none", you'd be right.  lol

CPU: Ryzen 1600X @ 4.15ghz  MB: ASUS Crosshair VI Mem: 32GB GSkill TridenZ 3200
GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10