Full Screen Gaming Problems

Hey computer geeks,

Whenever I download a game and play it for the first time, it opens in fullscreen mode which seems to mess up my monitor (my monitor is currently my tv - Sony BRAVIA KDL-22EX320) it comes up with an error message on my tv saying "Unsupported Signal - Check Device Output" I think it's something to do with the fact that the game opens in fullscreen mode at a different resolution to the one my tv has so it messes up. If I edit the settings file of the game to open in windowed mode and then change the resolution in game, it seems to work if I go into fullscreen mode then. However, Dead Space, a game I just downloaded, has no settings file that I have found. I looked online and found the correct file path and it's not there. So I can't edit the file and open the game... So... I need to know how to fix this...

[CPU] AMD Athlon II X3 425 OC'd @ 3.3Ghz [MOBO] MSI 990XA-GD55 AM3+ [RAM] Corsair XMS3 8gb 1999Mhz [GPU]Asus Radeon HD 7770 2gb [CASE]Zalman Z11 Plus[storage]WD 1tb Intel 530 Series 120gb SSD[PSU]Corsair CX500W Modular PSU[Keyboard] Microsoft Sidewinder X4[Headphones]Steel Series Siberias Republic of Gamers

Hello computer noob,

Have you tried different graphics drivers?  ;) Use the official 13.4 drivers. If they don't help, there is 13.8 beta. If that doesn't work, I'm sure you can still find 13.1 somewhere. 

Did you really use the disk that came with your 7770? (you didn't mention specs in your post, I had to hunt them down)

Hello computer noob,

Have you tried different graphics drivers? ;) Use the official 13.4 drivers. If they don't help, there is 13.8 beta. If that doesn't work, I'm sure you can still find 13.1 somewhere.

Did you really use the disk that came with your 7770? (you didn't mention specs in your post, I had to hunt them down)

sorry, it seems I don't know how to use the forums either :P I didn't use the drivers from the disc no, I downloaded the latest drivers at the time, are drivers a thing that you need to download each time a new one comes out?

[CPU] AMD Athlon II X3 425 OC'd @ 3.3Ghz [MOBO] MSI 990XA-GD55 AM3+ [RAM] Corsair XMS3 8gb 1999Mhz [GPU]Asus Radeon HD 7770 2gb [CASE]Zalman Z11 Plus[storage]WD 1tb Intel 530 Series 120gb SSD[PSU]Corsair CX500W Modular PSU[Keyboard] Microsoft Sidewinder X4[Headphones]Steel Series Siberias Republic of Gamers

sorry, it seems I don't know how to use the forums either :P I didn't use the drivers from the disc no, I downloaded the latest drivers at the time, are drivers a thing that you need to download each time a new one comes out?

Nah, drivers are just a thing that help HW work better.

Try changing out your drivers for something older or newer. I'm having problems with one game and certain drivers too... You should be able to just re-install drivers on top of the other ones. BUT don't do that. Un-install the current driver, reboot when it asks and re-install a fresh driver.

Nah, drivers are just a thing that help HW work better.

Try changing out your drivers for something older or newer. I'm having problems with one game and certain drivers too... You should be able to just re-install drivers on top of the other ones. BUT don't do that. Un-install the current driver, reboot when it asks and re-install a fresh driver.

Ah yes! Problem solved, I uninstalled the current drivers and installed 13.4 and it seems to be running fine now. Thank you very much!<3

Ah yes! Problem solved, I uninstalled the current drivers and installed 13.4 and it seems to be running fine now. Thank you very much!<3

Very welcome. Go enjoy some games!

Good to see that a little drive switch fixed it. My guess for this error would have been that it was running an unsupported resolution with the TV which is quite a common occurrence.

Good to see that a little drive switch fixed it. My guess for this error would have been that it was running an unsupported resolution with the TV which is quite a common occurrence.

That's what I thought was happening because I run a weird resolution on my tv (1360x768) so yeah :/