Just a quick Question

MadManMarsBar

will i have to reinstall windows if i upgrade my CPU and motherbaord from my phenom ii x4 to an 8350 >

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

quick anwser: yes

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Not necessarily. I usually do it becuase it proves to much of a problem with chipset drivers and such. But you might be able to just install the new chipset drivers ontop of the old ones

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Although, one time I was able to keep my install of windows (I changed my motherboard, but kept the storage solution). I just had to go to slui and click "activate windows" and it worked

But yeah you can experience driver issues

will i have to reinstall windows if i upgrade my CPU and motherbaord from my phenom ii x4 to an 8350 >

You probably can, but it might cause random driver issues especially if you are running in regular sata mode and want to switch to AHCI to take advantage of the performance benefits.

Even though it can be done is some cases, It is recommended that you do a fresh install anyway to prevent all sorts of issues.

I'd recommend you to reinstall windows.

I have experienced upgrading only my motherboard. It booted but it keeps on BSODing at some point. Probably cause of some drivers from the old mobo.

Good enough.

If its just your CPU, then no. But motherboard, I'd recommend you to do so; unless you want to make changes through the registry- which is very tedious and may not work!