Pc shutting down

Aaron7323

Hi I posted about a week ago but problem didn't come back (until now) so I thought it was gone. My pc specs are : I7 4790 , asrock z97 anniversary, 4gb ram (temporary I have ordered 16gb hyperx) , Pny gtx970 ,transcend ssd and a wd 500gb. Then I have a gigabyte 730w psu. This psu has been in service for a while and think it could be the problem. Twice now my pc loses all power and it stays off for a few minutes. When off I try unplugging letting power drain etc and that doesn't work I seem to need to let it work itself out then it will gain power again. Is my psu on its way out?

Hi I posted about a week ago but problem didn't come back (until now) so I thought it was gone. My pc specs are : I7 4790 , asrock z97 anniversary, 4gb ram (temporary I have ordered 16gb hyperx) , Pny gtx970 ,transcend ssd and a wd 500gb. Then I have a gigabyte 730w psu. This psu has been in service for a while and think it could be the problem. Twice now my pc loses all power and it stays off for a few minutes. When off I try unplugging letting power drain etc and that doesn't work I seem to need to let it work itself out then it will gain power again. Is my psu on its way out?

Have you made sure that everything is plugged in correctly (I.E. Snap locked in place) and that everything is plugged into the correct places in the motherboard?

Ye everything is plugged into mobo properly. Surely if something wasn't plugged in it wouldn't turn on in the first place?

Ye everything is plugged into mobo properly. Surely if something wasn't plugged in it wouldn't turn on in the first place?

Umm, well it might be loose to the point that It gets enough power to boot on then when It's mid drawing power the contacts disconnect and that causes it to power off. Have you got another power supply that you can test? That would be a great way to find out if it actually is a faulty PSU.

No I don't unfortunately. See thing is it happens randomly it's not a set occurrence so even if I had another psu I'm not sure how to recreate the shut down.

Try another PSU, its worth seeing if your current one is the problem. i had a similar problem to this with my last build (ASRock motherboard) and it turned out to be the board.

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

Maybe cpu cooler isn't connected properly and cpu overheats and then shuts down?

could well be a heat issue with the symptoms being as they are

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M