Sibelius audio program, need help

Stephie_Girl

So I am building a new PC for someone and they have this program.  Now their Installation of Windows XP is 9 years old, the entire thing is corrupted and ya.  So like I have another PC that has IDE so I hooked up the drive into that as a secondary drive and I am moving over most of his files.  Sibelius moved over so far and it works, but here's the thing.

He purchased a key for 6 but doesn't know where it's at.  He has the key for version 2, so I used that and it said it was an educational key and that I have 15 days to reregister the license.  So is Sibelius pretty easy where I just put in some of his info and I should be good to go?

Thanks

Steph

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

It's an online activation thing, though sometimes the educational version needs the licence to be revoked before you can re-register but that's if you're migrating from a different machine. So it should just be a case of filling in the forms and letting it go online to activate. It's one of those serial number generates activation code things. Though with Sib it's a bit more complicated cos it generates a 'Computer number' unique to the machine as well as using the serial to generate the activation code so they can tie it to a machine.

Pretty straight forward though

That doesn't quite help because it gives me the serial number of what he gave me for activation.  It's from the 2nd CD and he upgraded to the 6th edition via online but forgot the key.  His PC is basically gone, it freezes during windows and when I access the drive from a second PC it says I have 15 days to register the key or w/e.

Thanks

Steph

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

If he bought the software online should he be able to contact the staff via email or phone and inform them what happened. They may need some info from him to make sure he is who he said he is and resolve it this way. About Sibelius 2 licence does he still account for educational licence? This may be why it still shows 15 days to re register - http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/faq/en423191      With educational serial you have to follow few steps and he may need to redo them.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

I figured as much which is fine we can deal with it later, as his project is due next week and we get 15 days :)