[Help] Need PC Build Info

Go to solution Solved by Streetguru,

http://www.robotzindisguise.com/forum/showthread.php?25151-How-to-Minimize-Your-Bot-3-0&highlight=tinybot+3.0

^ Bam except when they talk about 1, I talk about 9

No real limit on money I need to be able to spend to achieve this but I want low power consumption etc..Really light work being done on this.

Well what's the display set up going to be like? Is it just one main display with a toggle through them?

Actually that's kinda funny, the AMD opteron 6344 has a 115W TDP

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113304&cm_re=Opteron-_-19-113-304-_-Product

and the 5820K has a 140W TDP

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117402

But ya from what I've read on google AMD is the place to go for virtualization, and it has the lower TDP. So whichever you want to go with, they're both 12 thead CPUs, the 5820k I'd imagine is a fair bit faster though, however 6 of it's threads are hyperthreaded so I'll let you look into that, not sure how that would affect your workload exactly, might just want to go with the 12 physical cores on the opteron.

Hello all,

So basically I need to run 9 Virtual Machines on a computer that I never need to access (I think this is called a workstation or server)

This is the information that I have been provided that I will need to get/exceed:

• AMD Athlon 64 FX Dual Core CPU or better
  • AMD-V/INTEL VT-x Support
  • 1.3GHz or faster
  • 4GB RAM or above
  • 64-bit CPU & 64-bit host OS
  • 10GB Storage Space per VM (x9)
  • ~5GB Extra Storage Space

Question: Will I need 9 Cores to run 9 Vm's? or can I run them on less cores.

Question: What is the most effective/relatively inexpensive/average build price for something like this (ps, I would need a crappy monitor and keyboard).

Thanks so much in advance, if there is any more information you would need I would be happy to provide it.

Hello all,

So basically I need to run 9 Virtual Machines on a computer that I never need to access (I think this is called a workstation or server)

This is the information that I have been provided that I will need to get/exceed:

• 1.3GHz or faster
  • 4GB RAM or above

Question: What is the most effective/relatively inexpensive/average build price for something like this (ps, I would need a crappy monitor and keyboard).

Thanks so much in advance, if there is any more information you would need I would be happy to provide it.

does it need to be amd or could it be intel since the list the virtualization tech for both?

My Rig: i7 5820k @ 4.5GHz / Asus ROG r9 390X / Gigabyte x99 Gaming 5P / 32GB DDR4 PNY Anarchy / 256gb m.2 / 2x 120gb SSD Raid 0 / 6TB seagate / Dual Dell 23" IPS / Logitech Orion Spark / Steelseries Rival / AKG 553 Massdrop Edition

Hello all,

• 1.3GHz or faster
  • 4GB RAM or above

What are you running on the virtual machines?

You could either go with a single opteron set up, or just build 2 cheap 8320e builds, I'm pretty sure you'd want about a core per VM

Also what's your budget?

does it need to be amd or could it be intel since the list the virtualization tech for both?

Virtualization is just about the only thing AMD kind beats intel at most times

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

What are you running on the virtual machines?

You could either go with a single opteron set up, or just build 2 cheap 8320e builds, I'm pretty sure you'd want about a core per VM

Also what's your budget?

Virtualization is just about the only thing AMD kind beats intel at most times

yeah i was just a little confused from op because he listed a amd processor and then both virt. tech

My Rig: i7 5820k @ 4.5GHz / Asus ROG r9 390X / Gigabyte x99 Gaming 5P / 32GB DDR4 PNY Anarchy / 256gb m.2 / 2x 120gb SSD Raid 0 / 6TB seagate / Dual Dell 23" IPS / Logitech Orion Spark / Steelseries Rival / AKG 553 Massdrop Edition

No real limit on money I need to be able to spend to achieve this but I want low power consumption etc..Really light work being done on this.

http://www.robotzindisguise.com/forum/showthread.php?25151-How-to-Minimize-Your-Bot-3-0&highlight=tinybot+3.0

Well what's the display set up going to be like? Is it just one main display with a toggle through them?

Actually that's kinda funny, the AMD opteron 6344 has a 115W TDP

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113304&cm_re=Opteron-_-19-113-304-_-Product

and the 5820K has a 140W TDP

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117402

But ya from what I've read on google AMD is the place to go for virtualization, and it has the lower TDP. So whichever you want to go with, they're both 12 thead CPUs, the 5820k I'd imagine is a fair bit faster though, however 6 of it's threads are hyperthreaded so I'll let you look into that, not sure how that would affect your workload exactly, might just want to go with the 12 physical cores on the opteron.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

If you were wondering yes it is one main display and you toggle through them, you would be able to minimize each VM window