Mirror's Edge, past 1080p the resolution autodefaults to 720p.

Majestic

So I Installed this game again, been a while since I played it. But I switched from a 1080p to a 1440p display in the mean time.

The weird thing is, up to 1080p the resolution seems fine. But when I select 1440p the game seems to be rendering at ~720p, eventhough the game says it's 1440p.

Any idea what could be causing this? :/

Do you have a 1440p monitor?

Had you navigated to my page, you'd have seen a 2515H..

You didn't quote me?

Also, I shouldn't need to, and you shouldn't say stuff like that when I ask a simple question. I don't know what the big deal is. I asked because if you were using DSR or something like that, the image can sometimes come out blurry if it's not configured properly - should that have been the case I would have had a simple fix for you.

Since that's not the case, I don't know what to tell you other than to verify the game files or Google the issue.

Is mirrors edge too old to support 1440?

It's not too old to not support it.

Nah, plenty of people replay it on new monitors for the fancy art style.

Since that's not the case, I don't know what to tell you other than to verify the game files or Google the issue.

Googling only provides me with slideshows of 1440p. It's not a DSR issue since DSR is disabled.

It seems to be a known thing that the UI stretches weird after 1080p, or did you really notice the game becoming less sharp?

No such thing really, maybe games from before 2000 are too old (when developers assumed any resolution would work with there only being CRT displays). Morrowind runs at 1440p straight after I installed it from the original disc. Some games might not accept higher resolutions the easy way though.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

I really don't understand why it would do this, i'm totally stumped. Don't even know what to look for.

Even forcing the ini file and setting it to read-only does nothing.

Found someone with the same problem;

http://steamcommunity.com/app/17410/discussions/0/35219681522034084/

EDIT; just tried to DSR 4K, same issue. Just anything above 1080p = 720p. Which is weird because the game allows you to set a higher resolution.