LG 29UM67 vs LG 34UM67 vs ASUS PB298Q

katiekitsune
Go to solution Solved by Filipe Campos,

Ok, all 3 monitors are 2560x1080 a good thing to start off, Only the lg ones feature freesync what would be helpfull if you have a AMD GPU.

Trying from a friend's 34'' 2560x1080 the pixel density was a bit bad compared to my 29'' monitor (But I like to sit close to the desk). It's like a 27'' vs 24''.

If you need ergonomic features, the asus one would be great.

If you prefere killing ergonomic features and get freesync you should go with lg 29um67. Also saving quite a bit of money.

If you want an idea of a 29'' compared with a 24'' monitor.

I can speak for the lg monitor, it has great colors and viewing angles. Can't say anything about the asus because never seen it in person.

29-inch-21x9-vs-24-inch-16x9.png

I think in that setup a 34'' would go way too overkill

34-inch-21x9-vs-24-inch-16x9.png

But that's my opinion, everyone has their own opinion.

Go with you feel it's right =)

Hope I helped in anything

im looking into getting a 21:9 monitor to be the main screen for my dual monitor setup (24" monitor off to side as diagnostics screen) which of the three will be the best possible choice for the money (pb298q and 34um67 about same price, 29um67 ~$100 less than both) i'm using an AMD GPU so i can make use of the freesync feature.

wan

Ok, all 3 monitors are 2560x1080 a good thing to start off, Only the lg ones feature freesync what would be helpfull if you have a AMD GPU.

Trying from a friend's 34'' 2560x1080 the pixel density was a bit bad compared to my 29'' monitor (But I like to sit close to the desk). It's like a 27'' vs 24''.

If you need ergonomic features, the asus one would be great.

If you prefere killing ergonomic features and get freesync you should go with lg 29um67. Also saving quite a bit of money.

If you want an idea of a 29'' compared with a 24'' monitor.

I can speak for the lg monitor, it has great colors and viewing angles. Can't say anything about the asus because never seen it in person.

29-inch-21x9-vs-24-inch-16x9.png

I think in that setup a 34'' would go way too overkill

34-inch-21x9-vs-24-inch-16x9.png

But that's my opinion, everyone has their own opinion.

Go with you feel it's right =)

Hope I helped in anything