Looking for a soundbar

neon_bowser

So I'm looking for a better audio solution than my tv speakers. I'm thinking a soundbar and sub woofer combo since my room is small and I just want enough sound to fill it. I don't want to go more than 300$ on it so unless I'm wrong in thinking a sound bar is more worth a cheapo surround what's the best I could get? Also I'm thinking of upgrading to a projector within a year, would the soundbar be able to work with that too? Any help is greatly appreciated

So I'm looking for a better audio solution than my tv speakers. I'm thinking a soundbar and sub woofer combo since my room is small and I just want enough sound to fill it. I don't want to go more than 300$ on it so unless I'm wrong in thinking a sound bar is more worth a cheapo surround what's the best I could get? Also I'm thinking of upgrading to a projector within a year, would the soundbar be able to work with that too? Any help is greatly appreciated

For the price you would likely get higher quality sound coming from the Sound Bar, often with "virtual" simulated surround. It won't be as good as a true surround setup mind you in terms of surround sound content, but it might do it for you.

You could also take a look at the Onkyo HT-3500 Home Theatre in a Box. They can be had for $279 on Amazon, and are eligible for Free shipping with Prime:

Click here!

Onkyo make great quality speakers and amps for the prices they charge.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Go to best buy and look at their bose sound bars, they have one that is smaller but still about $500 but worth it. I have two in my apartment(one living room one bedroom) and they give a surround sound feel and bose has great, full audio that i haven't heard in other sound bars.

I wouldn't recommend the Onkyo Speakers. There receivers are great but there speakers are very poorly constructed. You get what you pay for I guess. Hard to recommend anything under $1000. I would take a look at Pioneer speakers. They are the best reviewed for there price category and they are quite inexpensive. Full 5.1 for under $500. I believe they have a soundbar coming out soon as well around the $300 price point.

As a home theater installer, in that price range i would say don't get a soundbar. Klipsch promedia 2.1 pc speakers go for about $130 and sound awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

If money isn't an object under the spotlight you could look at Sonos Playbar (ive done work for sonos and if i could afford it i would have this stuff all through my house) http://www.sonos.com/shop/products/playbar

~~Korindo~~

Cubitek Mini ITX Build : - Cubitek Mini Cube - ASUS Z87i-Pro - Intel 4770K - 16gb G.Skill Ares 1866mhz -

- Samsung 840 500gb SSD x 2 - Noctua NH-L12 Cooler - Silverstone 550 watt Strider Gold PSU - Galaxy GeForce GTX Titan -