Looking for a new gaming laptop ~$1000

tdlab

Hi all,

I am back and still looking for a new laptop. On my last post I asked for one around 800$ but I feel that the price range I was looking in wasn't very appropriate. So now I am going to bump up my price to ~$1000 and if needed, can go over. If it's something like $1100 that's fine but something like $2000 is too much. Thanks.

My requirements:

• Dedicated GPU (Looking for some mobile gaming performance - CSGO, Gmod, Payday 2, and DD2 and maybe some other games in-between. 60fps for csgo at all times is a minimum, but cs isn't too hard to handle.
  • SSD - Nothing too big, maybe a 120gb or a 256gb. Just for OS and main games.
  • If the SSD is small, say ~120gb, then I would like an additional hdd for cheap, large storage.
  • 1080p 15"-17" but I think 15" will be fine for my use scenario.
  • Durable and protected - I am going to be using this for schoolwork also and travelling around from class to class is going to put some wear on it. As long as you can recommend a good case, I will be okay.

I hope this isn't too troublesome to find, I have been looking for a while and the best thing I could find is a custom built pc from xoticpc, or some Asus laptops with ssd's that go bad in a month.

Thanks again everyone.

Lenovo Y50 is an option

~Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth - Oscar Wilde~

Lenovo Y50 is an option

Yes, I did look at that but with all the Lenovo privacy issues and whatnot i'd prefer to stay away. 

http://www.sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP7255.html

Add a Samsung SM951 PCIe M.2 SSD and you're good to go.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Hi all,

I am back and still looking for a new laptop. On my last post I asked for one around 800$ but I feel that the price range I was looking in wasn't very appropriate. So now I am going to bump up my price to ~$1000 and if needed, can go over. If it's something like $1100 that's fine but something like $2000 is too much. Thanks.

My requirements:

• Dedicated GPU (Looking for some mobile gaming performance - CSGO, Gmod, Payday 2, and DD2 and maybe some other games in-between. 60fps for csgo at all times is a minimum, but cs isn't too hard to handle.
  • SSD - Nothing too big, maybe a 120gb or a 256gb. Just for OS and main games.
  • If the SSD is small, say ~120gb, then I would like an additional hdd for cheap, large storage.
  • 1080p 15"-17" but I think 15" will be fine for my use scenario.
  • Durable and protected - I am going to be using this for schoolwork also and travelling around from class to class is going to put some wear on it. As long as you can recommend a good case, I will be okay.

I hope this isn't too troublesome to find, I have been looking for a while and the best thing I could find is a custom built pc from xoticpc, or some Asus laptops with ssd's that go bad in a month.

Thanks again everyone.

Do you live in US?

If so, do you mind waiting for Black Friday?

It is literally right around the corner.

Do you live in US?

If so, do you mind waiting for Black Friday?

It is literally right around the corner.

Yeah, I am in the US and I can wait till Black Friday. It's what I was going to plan on doing anyways, and was looking for some laptops to keep an eye on.

Yeah, I am in the US and I can wait till Black Friday. It's what I was going to plan on doing anyways, and was looking for some laptops to keep an eye on.

Hmm, use XoticPC.com website, and you will find a lot of gaming laptops.

Personally, I would recommend either ASUS RoG 15" gaming laptop or Alienware 15" gaming laptop.

Although I am not a huge fan of Alienware, I do admit their Alienware Graphic Amplifier is pretty interesting. You can pretty much using your gaming laptop for a high-end GPU. Of course, using a student discounts.

ASUS RoG 15" is certainly cheaper than Alienware 15 and it is pretty decent. Although you don't get the GPU Docking Station but it is fine considering you don't use a lot of tasks.

Personally, I never like carrying a 15" gaming laptop from class to class. It tires you out thus lugging your gaming laptop.

I currently have a Lenovo IdeaPad Y580, and it is an amazing gaming laptop, however, when you are getting shove with shitload of school works. It will tire you out while lugging your laptop to class to class that is just me. :P

I would recommend a 13" or 14" laptop with dedicated GPU that can run games decently like ASUS Zenbook with GT 950m I think?

It has great battery life yet has GPU to play games decently. 

Either Asus G551JW (slimbody) or MSI GE62 (2 fans and 4 front speakers + 1 subwoofer)

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

snip

Wow, thank you for your generous reply. I've been kind of thinking about it and I don't think that I really need a gaming notebook for schoolwork, maybe i'll get a cheapo laptop or a Chromebook. Just for notes basically. I will definitely check out all the suggestions and, for now atleast think that xoticpc is probably the best way. There are quite a few 15" ROG laptops that I have looked at before, some perfectly what i wanted to get but ends up ASUS used a bad SSD that goes in a few months. I'm not sure if they still do that, did you hear anything about that?

Either Asus G551JW (slimbody) or MSI GE62 (2 fans and 4 front speakers + 1 subwoofer)

The asus one looks fantastic, cpu is great and so is the gpu. I realy wished that it contained a SSD or 1tb hdd, or at least 16gb of ram for ~$1300.

The MSI GE62 is really good and comes with 16gb / 256gb SSD + 1tb hdd which is really nice.

These are going to be going in the top list, thanks for the suggestion!

Wow, thank you for your generous reply. I've been kind of thinking about it and I don't think that I really need a gaming notebook for schoolwork, maybe i'll get a cheapo laptop or a Chromebook. Just for notes basically. I will definitely check out all the suggestions and, for now atleast think that xoticpc is probably the best way. There are quite a few 15" ROG laptops that I have looked at before, some perfectly what i wanted to get but ends up ASUS used a bad SSD that goes in a few months. I'm not sure if they still do that, did you hear anything about that?

The asus one looks fantastic, cpu is great and so is the gpu. I realy wished that it contained a SSD or 1tb hdd, or at least 16gb of ram for ~$1300.

The MSI GE62 is really good and comes with 16gb / 256gb SSD + 1tb hdd which is really nice.

These are going to be going in the top list, thanks for the suggestion!

If you don't play games you can look up the Surface Pro 4 or Dell XPS 13

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

snip

You have to check out what Sager has to offer. The NP7255 I linked has a Skylake CPU and PCIe SSD support, which most of the other laptops don't have.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

If you don't play games you can look up the Surface Pro 4 or Dell XPS 13

Yea, XPS is really nice and so is the sp4, but I would prefer to have some gaming performance. 

You have to check out what Sager has to offer. The NP7255 I linked has a Skylake CPU and PCIe SSD support, which most of the other laptops don't have.

Awesome, it will definately be a top pick also.

Sorry for the delayed reply, I sent this out hours ago but I guess i exited out of it too soon and it didn't post.

Thanks again guys!