GTX 770 care + GTX 1000 series?

destroyer8769

Hi all, i have a GTX 770 and i just blew out some dust but it is still running hotter than before, should I remove the shroud and re-apply thermal paste (voids warranty) or something else? This also leads me to my next point, if i do decide to void my warranty, how long until GTX 1000 series come out as I will get that (i think Q1/2 2016)

Q2/Q3 (Q3 more likely) probably, maybe.

If it's running hot, and you know what you're doing, go ahead and reapply.

I would contact the manufacture to see if they allow you to replace the thermal compound and if it still under warranty. Some do, and other don't allow it.

I'd expect to start seeing news of the 1000 series or whatever nvidia's next line within the next few months,

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I would contact the manufacture to see if they allow you to replace the thermal compound and if it still under warranty. Some do, and other don't allow it.

They dont, there is a warranty seal

They dont, there is a warranty seal

That isn't always true, Linus upgraded ram in a netbook that had a "Warranty Void if removed" sticker and said in the video the manufacture is fine with that!

Ask, it helps a lot!

That isn't always true, Linus upgraded ram in a netbook that had a "Warranty Void if removed" sticker and said in the video the manufacture is fine with that!

Ask, it helps a lot!

Okay, Thanks!