Best overclock settings for my 750 ti on my setup?

DraconicFire98

Hey guys. ive been wondering what would be the best overclock settings for my setup. i have an EVGA 750ti plain 2gb edition with gpu boost 2.0 or whatever that is.

and would overclocking my card have any major benefits to gaming?

heres my setup:

Uy9r56n.png

dont mind my unusual high CPU temp.. i have a few things running.. like firefox, winamp, skype, Nexus mod manager and steam

and i upgraded to 10 recently.. i figured i waited long enough for the bugs to be dealt with

also.. what would i use to overclock? the software for my card? (PrecisionX) or this MSI afterburner i keep hearing about...

also, my cpu is clocked default at 4.2GHZ, so it came sort of overclocked

EDIT: i already have fiddled with my card a bit but i didnt know much so i left it be with a few different settings

vGRK3Z0.png

OCing a 750 Ti won't suddenly give you +10 fps in Witcher 3 - you can expect some gains but the card is not really going to suddenly become a 950 or 960.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

OCing a 750 Ti won't suddenly give you +10 fps in Witcher 3 - you can expect some gains but the card is not really going to suddenly become a 950 or 960.

i never mentioned witcher 3.. i dont have witcher 3...

its mainly for older games like gta 4 (vanilla), or gta San andreas with graphic mods.. or anything that has graphic mods

i never mentioned witcher 3.. i dont have witcher 3...

its mainly for older games like gta 4 (vanilla), or gta San andreas with graphic mods.. or anything that has graphic mods

It was just an example - you will have gains but they won't be ground breaking. Try and see.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

It was just an example - you will have gains but they won't be ground breaking. Try and see.

i would if i knew how to properly use precisionX :P

i would if i knew how to properly use precisionX :P

You enter your settings, click apply, try a game - if it crashes or artifacts, then it's unstable.

Hey guys. ive been wondering what would be the best overclock settings for my setup. i have an EVGA 750ti plain 2gb edition with gpu boost 2.0 or whatever that is.

Cpu looks warm bro

heres my setup:

Uy9r56n.png

dont mind my unusual high CPU temp.. i have a few things running.. like firefox, winamp, skype, Nexus mod manager and steam

and i upgraded to 10 recently.. i figured i waited long enough for the bugs to be dealt with

also.. what would i use to overclock? the software for my card? (PrecisionX) or this MSI afterburner i keep hearing about...

EDIT: i already have fiddled with my card a bit but i didnt know much so i left it be with a few different settings

vGRK3Z0.png

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

Cpu looks warm bro

heres my setup:

Uy9r56n.png

vGRK3Z0.png

i pointed out that the cpu is warm already.. i said i had a lot running