Place your bets: Will Star Wars VII become the new highest grossing film of all time?

Virtual01

Not exactlly - higest grossing top 10:

1. Avatar (2009) - $2.8Bil
  2. Titanic (1997) - $2.2Bil
  3. Jurassic World (2015) - $1.7Bil
  4. The Avengers (2012) - $1.5Bil
  5. Furious 7 (2015) - $1.5Bil
  6. Avengers: Age Of Ultron (2015) - $1.4Bil
  7. Harry Potters and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (2011) - $1.3Bil
  8. Frozen (2013) - $1.2Bil
  9. Iron Man 3 (2013) - $1.2Bil
  10. Minions (2015) - $1.1Bil

Depressing how Minions is at 10

I'm cautiously optimistic... but I remember the hype train around SW: Episode 1 and seeing pictures of Darth Maul and how cool he looked... then I watched the movie and got an eye full and an ear full of Jar Jar... 

I suppose I shouldn't have expected much after the re-release of SW in the late 90's and all the changes George Lucas made to the original film (which was fine the way it was). 

Wait for kylo ren to actually be jar jar, then the shit will get real  :P

Personally I think the hype is too big for it not to be, even if it isn't as good as people hope it will be, which it won't, people will still flock to see it because of what it is, which is a cult film with the biggest following on earth.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Considering it's already smashed the pre-sale records, I have no doubt it will. They're saying it's probably going to be $300 million domestic and $600 million total global for the opening weekend. That's beyond insane but if any franchise could do it, it would be this one.

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/21/star-wars-the-force-awakens-opening-weekend-box-office-could-hit/

Considering it's already smashed the pre-sale records, I have no doubt it will. They're saying it's probably going to be $300 million domestic and $600 million total global for the opening weekend. That's beyond insane but if any franchise could do it, it would be this one.

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/21/star-wars-the-force-awakens-opening-weekend-box-office-could-hit/

I really hope it does well, mostly because I hate seeing Avatar at the top of the list.

Why they just let it go (no pun)? But i didn't see any reason to start this franchise again. Just only ruin it on new actors. The original trilogy is the gold.

It crashed the internet with an 88 second trailer. Ofcourse it will. I honestly dont know how avatar got up there. I know how titanic got up there. They kept re-airing the damn thing in the theaters. But avatar continues to mesmerize me on how it go the top spot.

There's so much hype around it that all the people will see it. Literally everyone on Earth will.

I won't be. Because I really don't care about Star Wars.

Depressing how Minions is at 10

I know right! I should totally be number 1. Such a great movie that was ignored...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Wait for kylo ren to actually be jar jar, then the shit will get real  :P

If they show Jar Jar in carbonite with a broken control panel so he couldn't be revived, I would be happy. 

I really hope it does well, mostly because I hate seeing Avatar at the top of the list.

Let's hope it does well enough that even the Avatar sequels don't stand a chance.