battery consuming win 10

Dylan94

Hi! sorry If I open 2 different post one after the other! but I would like to ask you all if you had any "problem" of battery life with your notebook since you upgraded from win 8.1 to win 10 .

I have noticed it a looot when I was travelling and looking at movies ; when I had win 8.1 my battery could survive almost 5 hours( with no airplane mode on and not soo bright screen) looking at movies at 1080p , wherease now it lasted in the same condition only 2-3 hours.... Now , before you even think about it, I was in the same condition I was using both times the energy saving software. My laptop is lenovo y50-70 . 

Did you observe the same thing?

Maybe there are more programs running? I don't think you can go ahead and blame windows 10 without seeing the CPU usages of 8.1 vs 10. 

I haven't experienced any differences in battery life between the two operating systems, but perhaps they handle certain programs differently?

Prolly all the information about you and your habbits Win 10 is sending to MS.

I haven't seen any differences in battery life between 8.1 and 10. I'm using a tablet, and the battery will last about 7 hours whilst streaming video, roughly the same as when it was running Windows 8.1. The new battery saver mode is good, and obviously turning off wifi when the device is asleep helps enormously on a tablet.

Eeh, by gum.

ThrustJetViperPowerMustang: FX-6100 @4.4GHz (Stock Cooler) / 4x4GB Hyperam @ 1333MHz / OCZ Octane 250GB SSD / Asus HD6670 2GDDR3 / Asus M5A78LM-USB3

in my case I'm totally sure I wasn't running anything different cause I checked everything.... about the win 10 sending stuff is quite  impossible cause my wifi was off.... and about the cpu usages can't it be related to win 10? I mean : if doing the exact same thing in 2 different os (with all the condition at the same level) products completely different result it's a problem of the os. So, if the cpu usages was much higher in win 10 without doing anything special, how cannot be the system's fault?

I was using VLC

EDIT: one more question... does the battery energy saver on win 10 (not enabled) means I'm running with high performance even though my software is working in download mode? so it's like a contrasting software program?

Make sure that you have the latest Intel integrated drivers installed.

Windows 10 runs all the time under Balance profile unless specified. 'Eco' mode is a new feature of Windows 10. It isn't Power Saving, it is less aggressive. What it does is limit background activity and adjust the hardware settings to be more power saving, however no more detail information is provided by Microsoft.

It auto enables itself by default when your battery is at 20%. But you can enable it as you want.

My guess, is that Microsoft did this for Intel Y/U/M series CPUs and Intel Atoms (and equivalents from AMD), where Power Saver mode is too aggressive and makes the system not enjoyable to use. But that is my guess.

You set your system to Power Saver or Balance under the Power Option panel.

Battery Saver mode is accessible from the power icon next to the clock (notification tray).