Astro A50 + New Xbox One Controller?

Keola

I'm wanting to buy some A50's to use both with my X1 and PC. Astro oddly has color specific models for each platform, and I want the black/blue version, but it's listed as only PS3, PS4, & PC compatible. Previously, X1 headsets needed to have the specific sized jack to fit the controller, but now there's a standardized 3.5mm jack on the updated version. Does this mean I can buy the PS3/PS4/PC model and it will now be compatible with my X1 as well?

I'm wanting to buy some A50's to use both with my X1 and PC. Astro oddly has color specific models for each platform, and I want the black/blue version, but it's listed as only PS3, PS4, & PC compatible. Previously, X1 headsets needed to have the specific sized jack to fit the controller, but now there's a standardized 3.5mm jack on the updated version. Does this mean I can buy the PS3/PS4/PC model and it will now be compatible with my X1 as well?

Probably.  You didn't say which site you're looking at, but I'd check their own site (astrogaming.com) and the Stop By System tab/heading at the top to be sure. 

I have the A40's with the mixamp pro. about 3-4years old now. My headset works on PC/Xbox One and Ps4. I use the mixamp for the Xbox one and have to use the xbox adapter on the controller. (you won't need this adapter on the xbox elite controller though)

I think when they say compatible with PS3/4 and PC is because they don't need the adapter. The astro headset that says it is compatible with the xbox one includes the adapter as far as I know.

The astro chat help on their website is very helpful, I used this to check compatibility when I bought my headset.

Follow your post.