My PC keeps on freezing! help

alleyn321

Hello!

Recently I had problems with my Memory / Ram so I replaced them ( + tested them with Windows memory diagnostic test something like that ) and everything seemed to be fine but its not.

Now I have problem with my PC "freezing" ( My PC frooze ere as I was writing this and had to restart )

First freeze appeared when I was copying files from my USB to my SDD

Second one when I finally transferred the files and started playing World of Warcraft for about 3-5 mins.

I tried to wait and see if Windows will give some Error message but it didnt I have to restart my PC

Any ideas wtf is going on? I have fresh install of Windows 10

CPU - FX 9590

Mobo - Asus crosshair V formula Z

GPU - r9 290x

Memory - 2x8Gb 2133Mhz

SSD - Crucial 250gb

PSU - Corsair CX 750w

Windows 10 can be the main reason try to install win 7 or 8.1 becasue i bet the drivers are not suit with win 10

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

PSU EVGA 750 W GOLD G2, MOBO Msi z170A Gaming M3, CASE NZXT H440 Black/Blue,

GPU Geforce GTX 980 Gigabyte G1 Gaming,

STORAGE 1 SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB and 1 HDD 500GB WD, Windows 8.1.

Windows 10 can be the main reason try to install win 7 or 8.1 becasue i bet the drivers are not suit with win 10

What drivers are not suitable for W10?

I will try Update w10

your hardware drives aka cpu or mobo that can cause such crashes

and updatin your w10 might not solve it due to fact microsoft isnt a hardware distributor or producent but a software one a system so he is not forced to make drives of such .

on other hand it can be that rams arent good on this mobo aka not compatibile or cpu can be over heatin or over used

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

I don't believe windows 10 is the problem for my "Freezes"

CPU / Mobo is New and under Water ( + Mobo + GPU ) never go over 50 Celsius 

Rams tested with Windows memory diagnostics and everything is fine

I dont know what to do ... 

Hello!

Recently I had problems with my Memory / Ram so I replaced them ( + tested them with Windows memory diagnostic test something like that ) and everything seemed to be fine but its not.

Now I have problem with my PC "freezing" ( My PC frooze ere as I was writing this and had to restart )

Second one when I finally transferred the files and started playing World of Warcraft for about 3-5 mins.

I tried to wait and see if Windows will give some Error message but it didnt I have to restart my PC

CPU - FX 9590

GPU - r9 290x

Memory - 2x8Gb 2133Mhz

SSD - Crucial 250gb

PSU - Corsair CX 750w

Have you set the ram up in bios to run at the rated speeds? If you haven't reset the ram back to auto, fitted new ram kits they will try to run like the old set and this might be causing your issue.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

I do not want to open a new topic because I have the same problem. I just bought a new PC and installed Windows 10 and all the newest drivers. In event viewer I have a critical error. Event ID41 kernel-error. It doesn'tmatter if I play games or do nothing it freezes anyway. I have XPM enabled and disabled, but no changes, latest bios as well. Double checked all cable connections, switched sata port, disable all audio devices I do not use, ran chkdsk and no problems there. When I wrote sfc /scannow I did get some message saying that windows found some corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them? You can check my pc specs in my profile.

If windows is saying you have corrupt files then maybe fresh install of windows is all you can do, don't quote me on that, someone more knowledgable than I should point out my error.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

I do not want to open a new topic because I have the same problem. I just bought a new PC and installed Windows 10 and all the newest drivers. In event viewer I have a critical error. Event ID41 kernel-error. It doesn'tmatter if I play games or do nothing it freezes anyway. I have XPM enabled and disabled, but no changes, latest bios as well. Double checked all cable connections, switched sata port, disable all audio devices I do not use, ran chkdsk and no problems there. When I wrote sfc /scannow I did get some message saying that windows found some corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them? You can check my pc specs in my profile.

there is only 2 things that can cause this:

1. windows is pirated or its just badly instaled and needs reinstall

2. your hdd is broken and well it can cause such problems (although kernel is a core of OS so propably can be both things at once)

Btw drivers can be new but there is no 100% assurance that they will work perfectly 

EDIT: i looked up on your spec and at fault is system propably it has a problem with some drives or bios so i recommend to install win 7 or 8.1 to check if you get same thing (which i 100% bet that with legal system it shouldnt occur ). Most ppl buy win 10 now because its free and they are not aware of problems that fresh system has btw who cant test it better than free milions of employes all around the world ? :)

I don't believe windows 10 is the problem for my "Freezes"

CPU / Mobo is New and under Water ( + Mobo + GPU ) never go over 50 Celsius 

Rams tested with Windows memory diagnostics and everything is fine

I dont know what to do ... 

1 thing dont trust windows tools they are a bullshit like sometimes windows itself. My parents computer that is like from 2000 or so after begin checkec if it can run win 10 ofc diagnostic tool says yes it can which is utter bs. 

back to topic what do you mean under water? watercooled? if so there can be a leak causin to such things happend. other than that you can check if under load your CPU does not have any kind of problem because crashes can occur if only CPU or Ram are unstable (if mobo has problem than you would know it from a sec same goes to GPU).

The last thing that goes to my mind can be PSU givin too much voltage and makin CPU or MOBO crash. Did you maybe tried to OC your CPU cuz wrong OC can be one of reasons that this happens.

Hello!

CPU - FX 9590

GPU - r9 290x

Memory - 2x8Gb 2133Mhz

SSD - Crucial 250gb

PSU - Corsair CX 750w

Goto Asus website and check if the ram is on the compatibel list, i had same problems with the new ram i got, tried to change timing settings so it fitted the new ram, but there was no setting that would fit them perfect, turns out they just was not compatible with my mobo

Have you set the ram up in bios to run at the rated speeds? If you haven't reset the ram back to auto, fitted new ram kits they will try to run like the old set and this might be causing your issue.

I used to have 1600Mhz Rams and when I fitted the 2133Mhz ram they were running on AUTO in Bios but actually they were running at 1600mhz so I set them to 2133 Mhz in Bios

Update: Just checked if my Mobo supports these rams and yes it does

Goto Asus website and check if the ram is on the compatibel list, i had same problems with the new ram i got, tried to change timing settings so it fitted the new ram, but there was no setting that would fit them perfect, turns out they just was not compatible with my mobo

How did you find this out? What problems did you have? Blue Screens?

~snip~

Hey there alleyn321,

Have you monitored the loads of your system during the stuttering/lagging/crashing/freezing? If something is hitting 100% I'd suggest to check if it's functioning properly. I'd do a full stress test to see if any of the parts are faulty. How are your temperatures on the different parts?
Keeping the OS, drivers and BIOS updated is a good idea. 
I would check the SSD's S.M.A.R.T. status and see if it's functioning properly and it's not causing the problems. 
Do you have any other storage drives in that computer? 

I would try to run the computer at stock speeds and settings and see if the freezes continue. If yes - do run it on its bare minimums (GPU, CPU, one stick of memory, stock speeds and just the boot drive). 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

How did you find this out? What problems did you have? Blue Screens?

my problem was simular to yours, my pc just froz nothing else to see, nothing in event view nothing at all actualy, i have a mobo from gigabyte and i wrote thier support who quickly pointed out that if i went on thier site and foundt my mobo and then took the support section for it and downloaded the .pdf file that told me exactly wich ram the mobo supported and wich it dind't then the ram i had was not on the list, so i buyed one that was on the list installed the new set of ram and bam it worked.