gsync or 1440p?

TriggerFinger

I am planing to buy a monitor in about 2 months.

The thing thats been bugging me is; Should I trade the Gsync capability over higher pixel.OR not??

Higher pixel means sharper and more vivid image quality.

Where a Gsync would address to all the stuttering and screen tearing issues..
Both the monitors provide me with 144Hz refresh rates.So, no issues there.

The only purpose monitor would serve is gaming,with occasional movie watching.

I am no photo developer,So as to need the extra pixels for screen space etc etc.

I am looking forward to more pixels,just from the perspective of gaming.Nothing else.

But the question that lies is should I opt for a higher pixel count(1440p) OR stick with 1080p with Gsnyc?

My system drives a single 980Ti(No OC)

Is screen tearing,really that noticable,coz I would mostly be playing FPS games.

My main focus would be shifted towards killing the bad guys.

I guess the only way I would see tearing and stuttering if I go on looking for them...

So 1080P Gsync or 1440p??

1440p Gsync

Asus just announced their PG279Q which is a 165Hz 1440p IPS with Gsync monitor -- expect a premium price.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

If you play FPS games like CS, then you will most likely want to disable G-sync anyway, since it increases latency 

if you want to see if you find screen tearing irretating, just load up a not so demanding FPS game, disable V sync, and put your mouse to a high sensitivity

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

Gsync is awesome, once you played on a Gsync 144hz Display, you never want go back.

IPS 1440p 144hz Gsync. Thats what you want with a 980Ti.

Acer xb270hu is the only Monitor atm.

Asus pg279q will come later this Year.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

If you play FPS games like CS, then you will most likely want to disable G-sync anyway, since it increases latency 

Thats not true.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Gsync is awesome, once you played on a Gsync 144hz Display, you never want go back.

I will have to try out G-sync in the future if its that good.

Although does it work in all games, like V-sync?

1440p Gsync

my budget restricts me to a 1080p gsync only.

OR a 1440p non gsync enabled

Thats not true.

It is true, watch 3kliksphilips latest video, he will explain

sadly acer monitors aren't available in india.

ASUS pg278q is out of my budget.

So i guess even 9q will be too

my budget restricts me to a 1080p gsync only.

OR a 1440p non gsync enabled

You have the horses to push 1440p. That is honestly the route I would take.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

It is true, watch 3kliksphilips latest video, he will explain

I am the one who would be playing more of COD and Battlefied stuff.

and I still practice on CS:1.6.

Call me old school.

Also how much input latency does Gsync cause??

Is it noticeable??

I will have to try out G-sync in the future if its that good.

Although does it work in all games, like V-sync?

The Gsync Module is in the Monitor. It synchronize the Hz of the Display with the FPS from the Graphicscard in real time. Its absolutly tearing and lagfree, not matter what Games you play.

IPS 144hz + Gsync is a whole new expirience.

I am the one who would be playing more of COD and Battlefied stuff.

and I still practice on CS:1.6.

Call me old school.

Also how much input latency does Gsync cause??

Is it noticeable??

G-sync Is a LOT better than V-sync, but for people where every frame counts, for example pro players, G-sync is almost always disabeled.

In games like Battlefield and COD, where 400 FPS is not possible, then, yes enable G-sync, its much better than without it

BUT, in games like csgo, where you can get 400 + FPS, then disabling it would give an extra edge, but would make the game look worse in the process

So really, it depends on how serious you play

you should use G-sync on all other genres though

Acer Predator

1440P 144Hz GSYNC 27 Inch IPS

Enough said

Bro,

Acer monitors aren't available in India

Its a LOT better than V-sync, but for people where every frame counts, for example pro players, G-sync is .

In games like Battlefield and COD, where 400 FPS is not possible, then, yes enable G-sync, its much better than without it

BUT, in games like csgo, where you can get 400 + FPS, then disabling it would give an extra edge, but would make the game look worse in the process

So really, it depends on how serious you play

I am starting to incline my self to 1080p gsync.

But still now I cant get a clear answer.

Also I forgot to mention I would be creating a youtube channel for walkthroughs etc.

With shadowPLAY and Gsync running.Will I run into extra lag???

Also I forgot to mention I would be creating a youtube channel for walkthroughs etc.

Have not used G-sync, but shadowplay does not reduce performance, its like having minesweeper open in the background

pretty sure G-sync does not reduce performance

You cant get a clear answer because it depends of what you prefer. 1440p is awesome and superior to 1080p and Gsync is awesome and a huge difference to non Gsync Displays.

Both is awesome. Maybe you just safe some more cash for a Display that offer it all?

How about a BenQ XL2420G?

Its a good  Monitor, but too expensive when you can get superior Displays for ~200bucks more.

Pro:

144Hz

1 ms

Gsync

Con:

TN Panel

1080p

24"

For a Monitor this expensive, you realy should think about safing more Money and get the Asus pg279q if there´s realy no chance to get the Acer.

You cant get a clear answer because it depends of what you prefer. 1440p is awesome and superior to 1080p and Gsync is awesome and a huge difference to non Gsync Displays.

Both is awesome. Maybe you just safe some more cash for a Display that offer it all?

Currently I am playing on a crappy 60hz 1080p samsung syncmaster monitor...

Neither I have any experience of Gsync Nor 1440p.

I cant personally tell what to expect from both of them.

All that I can say I plan to play all FPS extensively....

Then best visual performance that I can get from my 980Ti.

XL2420G here costs about 605 US$ here.While.

PG278Q costs about 1004 US$.