GPU causing case to spark

SIGSEGV

I was adjusting it because it was sagging alot (I have nothing holding it in place atm because my case is stupid), tried putting the HDMI back in, accidentally hit the case and I see a small spark. I pulled out my GPU started it up again and made the HDMI touch the case again to confirm that it was indeed the gpu and it was. How could I possibly figure out which bit of the GPU is shorting?

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

This is just a lack of ground on your monitor, no problems here. Trust me, mine does it too. Its perfectly normal.

Really? Because the HDMI cable doesn't spark when it touches the case if the GPU isn't there

Really? Because the HDMI cable doesn't spark if the GPU isn't there

Its almost surely fine, the case might be getting a ground through the GPU or some other part plugged into the system.

Its almost surely fine, the case might be getting a ground through the GPU or some other part plugged into the system.

Thanks, you were right, I plugged it in before turning it on this time and it works fine now

Don't short out your GPU >.>

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6