Stupidest Thing

GoldenEagle
Go to solution Solved by Mooshi,

Nope, you can't really improve a turd I'm afraid. Outside of buying an amp just for crappy earbuds (which no one should do unless they have decent headphones that would really benefit from an amp) The junk Apple gives you is meant to get you by. IEMs on the other hand are much nicer if you want something portable with good sound.

As for the HyperX headset, I used to have the base model before it gets rebranded and has a mic tacked onto it. (TakStar Pro 80). Sound was decent, though it really needed amplification to get loud. The HyperX Cloud 2 has that soundcard included which I think amps the volume a bit. Haven't tested the headset version myself to confirm, but the headphone part itself does need some extra juice to get the most out of them. Shame mine blew out and had to be returned.

yeah. I use iPhone Earbuds for my PC cause i don't have headphones yet. I ordered a hyperxcloud 1 though. But the iphone earbuds i cant hear anything on 100% volume... Can barely hear on youtube, how to make the volume of the earbuds louder ? is there a way?

not sure, don't feel bad though

Youtuber GenerikB uses earbuds :D

Nope, you can't really improve a turd I'm afraid. Outside of buying an amp just for crappy earbuds (which no one should do unless they have decent headphones that would really benefit from an amp) The junk Apple gives you is meant to get you by. IEMs on the other hand are much nicer if you want something portable with good sound.

As for the HyperX headset, I used to have the base model before it gets rebranded and has a mic tacked onto it. (TakStar Pro 80). Sound was decent, though it really needed amplification to get loud. The HyperX Cloud 2 has that soundcard included which I think amps the volume a bit. Haven't tested the headset version myself to confirm, but the headphone part itself does need some extra juice to get the most out of them. Shame mine blew out and had to be returned.

What do you mean? Should I return my HyperXCloud before buying??? am i gonna regret?? what do u mean blew out?

What do you mean? Should I return my HyperXCloud before buying??? am i gonna regret??

I'm trying to be as honest as possible. The HyperX Cloud headsets are based off the Chinese headphones called the Takstar Pro 80 which are more or less Beyerdynamic clones, but are not Beyerdynamic. Q-Pad takes these headphones, adds a mic and their label. Kingston takes these converted headsets and put their own label on top.

Essentially, the HyperX Cloud is a Takstar Pro 80 with a mic that has been rebranded twice. From my own personal experience with the base headphones, they needed extra juice to really shine. Motherboard is kinda old, though the onboard solution is decent considering it's a ROG series board. When I had the headphones, I fed them through a FiiO E10K which is a 75 dollar USB DAC/Amp and in rare cases I still wish I had a little bit more volume--only because the source file itself had crappy volume. When connected to my tablet, they were quiet, but louder than my *really* old headphones.

In contrast, my girlfriend's Sennheiser's  sound pretty good unamped on portable devices and are definitely much more efficient than the TakStar's/Q-Pad/Cloud. I wouldn't say you're going to be disappointed in the sound because it was good for what it cost. Mine blew in one ear because it couldn't handle intense bass. This may have been an isolated incident, but I feel obligated for the sake of consumer advice. They were the most comfortable headphones I ever had (though REALLY hot thanks to the padding..I loved them in the winter haha) 

The only real way to determine if you need more power personally is to test them yourself. For me, they needed to be amped, though someone else might love them as they are. Sorry for the giant text wall!