Need help with buying Windows 7

justRICHTOFEN
Go to solution Solved by Muz,

So is G2A legit, and not a scam? Also, your saying that if i buy the oem version and upgrade to windows 10 ill still be able to upgrade my pc's hardware? Correct?

I've brought lots of things from G2A, never had an issue. If you buy an OEM windows 7 or 8 and upgrade to 10 you can keep upgrade your hardware, but you will have to contact Microsoft support though, but it isn't that hard.

So i was about to buy Windows 7 on amazon, but i had read a review someone had wrote saying that version of it would become invalid and i would have to buy another key to use it if i changed any of my pc's hardware. Could someone shed some light on this for me , and maybe help me make the right choice with buying a copy of windows 7. Oh and btw im trying to find a copy thats less than 100 dollars. The one i was looking at was 65, but anyways I would apprecate any help i receive.

That means it's an OEM key, OEM keys are cheap and if you want a non-OEM key you'll have to fork out some more cash.

Only if you change out your motherboard though.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

Bro don't buy Windows... lol its a waste of money

CPU: I5-7600k(5.1GHz)                                                       RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED(2x8GB @ 3200MHz/CAS-15)              Case: Cooler Master HAF 912

Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO                                                      Storage: 850 EVO 250GB - 2x(1TB WD Blue(Raid 0))                                   PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W B2

Mobo: ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO                                       GPU: G1 GTX 970                                                                                                  OS: Windows 10

That means it's an OEM key, OEM keys are cheap and if you want a non-OEM key you'll have to fork out some more cash.

Only if you change out your motherboard though.

What are oems for, and how n where can i find full version?

Bro don't buy Windows... lol its a waste of money

How will i operate my new pc im building then?

What are oems for, and how n where can i find full version?

OEM keys are used for PC builders who don't think their customs will change their hardware and OEM's are also used by Dell, HP, etc. You could try G2A for a cheapish full windows 7 key. You'll be fine with a OEM key if you upgrade to windows 10, if you upgrade your mobo on windows 10 from an OEM key Microsoft will continue to let you use windows 10.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

How will i operate my new pc im building then?

Just torrent a version of windows and put it on a USB... unless obviously you don't have a computer and usb...

CPU: I5-7600k(5.1GHz)                                                       RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED(2x8GB @ 3200MHz/CAS-15)              Case: Cooler Master HAF 912

Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO                                                      Storage: 850 EVO 250GB - 2x(1TB WD Blue(Raid 0))                                   PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W B2

Mobo: ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO                                       GPU: G1 GTX 970                                                                                                  OS: Windows 10

OEM keys are used for PC builders who don't think their customs will change their hardware and OEM's are also used by Dell, HP, etc. You could try G2A for a cheapish full windows 7 key. You'll be fine with a OEM key if you upgrade to windows 10, if you upgrade your mobo on windows 10 from an OEM key Microsoft will continue to let you use windows 10.

So is G2A legit, and not a scam? Also, your saying that if i buy the oem version and upgrade to windows 10 ill still be able to upgrade my pc's hardware? Correct?

I've brought lots of things from G2A, never had an issue. If you buy an OEM windows 7 or 8 and upgrade to 10 you can keep upgrade your hardware, but you will have to contact Microsoft support though, but it isn't that hard.

What? its kinda a necessary thing

I know is random, but i like your profile pic, i was thinking about watch that anime^^

Also, If i do tht and upgrade, will it be the full version, and will i have to contact mircosoft everytime i change a part in my pc?

Also, If i do tht and upgrade, will it be the full version, and will i have to contact mircosoft everytime i change a part in my pc?

Only for your motherboard.

Just torrent a version of windows and put it on a USB... unless obviously you don't have a computer and usb...

I also thought abt it but, won't i get a virus. also cant mircosoft shut it down if its pirited?

Only for your motherboard.

So if i keep the same motherboard , I'll be fine, and will be able to upgrage my pc? o what your saying Is that i could buy an oem, upgrade to windows 10, and then ill have a full version of windows, and only have to contact microsoft if i change my motherboard? sorry if im being annoying, its just this is the last thing i have to get to finish my pc, and i've been building this thing for almost a year. ^^

So if i keep the same motherboard , I'll be fine, and will be able to upgrage my pc? o what your saying Is that i could buy an oem, upgrade to windows 10, and then ill have a full version of windows, and only have to contact microsoft if i change my motherboard? sorry if im being annoying, its just this is the last thing i have to get to finish my pc, and i've been building this thing for almost a year. ^^

Yep, you got it now.

I know is random, but i like your profile pic, i was thinking about watch that anime^^

lol, its a funny anime. Don't watch it for good story, but good.. ahem... plot. And you will love the girls

Just torrent a version of windows and put it on a USB... unless obviously you don't have a computer and usb..

ugh.. well one its not legal. two if you wanted to upgrade later it wouldn't allow you. and three its an important thing so its not something you want to torrent and mess up.