Does size matteres that much ?

Mr_Daniello
Hi there everybody.

I know, the title is suspicious, but I did not have an idea for any other :)

I'm going to choose a new case for my set, but I'm wonder about one thing. I'm considering an option to purchase the Corsair Graphite Series 230T Compact CC. The manufacturer says that max cpu cooler height that can be mounted is 165mm. My Thermaltake HR-02 Macho Rev.B has a height of 162mm. Is Corsair enter the dimensions of such precision that I can buy without worry this case? It would be regrettable to spend $ 77 on case in which it can be that much cooler collides with the side wall.

Thanks for any interest. Peace 

Sorry for my low english, but I'm trying my best  ;)

| MOBO: Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 || CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K || COOLER: Thermaltake HR-02 Macho Rev. B || RAM: 2x Patriot Signature DDR3 4GB 1333MHz CL9 || GPU: Msi GeForce GTX 750 TI Oc || PSU: Ocz StealthXStream 2 600W || STORAGE: Segate Barracuda 1 TB || CASE: Corsair Carbide Series 300R | 

No it's fine but I would get a different case it isn't good for the price and has horrible cable management

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

@Mr_Daniello follow topic

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Yep those measurements are exact as they know about situations like these.

Hi there everybody.
I know, the title is suspicious, but I did not have an idea for any other :)

I'm going to choose a new case for my set, but I'm wonder about one thing. I'm considering an option to purchase the Corsair Graphite Series 230T Compact CC. The manufacturer says that max cpu cooler height that can be mounted is 165mm. My Thermaltake HR-02 Macho Rev.B has a height of 162mm. Is Corsair enter the dimensions of such precision that I can buy without worry this case? It would be regrettable to spend $ 77 on case in which it can be that much cooler collides with the side wall.

Thanks for any interest. Peace 

I have the 230t, imo get a better case like the define r5, define s, corsair air 540, etc..

The 230t lacks cable management grommets, the front fan mounts are really weird so you can't put a rad on it if you wanted to, the drive cages cannot be removed, there's no anti-vibration stuff on the hard drive cages, the front panel is a pain in the arse to remove (Requires removing both side panels and popping out plastic clips along each side), and fan vibrations and such tend to travel through it and make a bit of noise..

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

No it's fine but I would get a different case it isn't good for the price and has horrible cable management

If only I could buy a better case.Already I spent too much on your PC.

I have the 230t, imo get a better case like the define r5, define s, corsair air 540, etc..

The 230t lacks cable management grommets, the front fan mounts are really weird so you can't put a rad on it if you wanted to, the drive cages cannot be removed, there's no anti-vibration stuff on the hard drive cages, the front panel is a pain in the arse to remove (Requires removing both side panels and popping out plastic clips along each side), and fan vibrations and such tend to travel through it and make a bit of noise..

Lacks of cable management can't be worse than in my current case (check it: SilentiumPC Brutus 410 Pure Black). Lack of anti-vibration stuff is not a problem for me. I can always come up with something myself. Disadvantages that You mentioned about this case is not so terrible for me.

| MOBO: Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 || CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K || COOLER: Thermaltake HR-02 Macho Rev. B || RAM: 2x Patriot Signature DDR3 4GB 1333MHz CL9 || GPU: Msi GeForce GTX 750 TI Oc || PSU: Ocz StealthXStream 2 600W || STORAGE: Segate Barracuda 1 TB || CASE: Corsair Carbide Series 300R | 

If only I could buy a better case.Already I spent too much on your PC.

Lacks of cable management can't be worse than in my current case (check it: SilentiumPC Brutus 410 Pure Black). Lack of anti-vibration stuff is not a problem for me. I can always come up with something myself. Disadvantages that You named in the case of this housing is not so terrible for me.

You can get a good cable management PC for the same price range

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-cas340wb1

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/fractal-design-case-fdcadefsbk

Setup

the wouldst put it on the website if it's incorrect 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

In my country, price for nzxt is $98, and for Fractal Design is $103. I think i'll stick with 230T

Thanks for all Your help everybody.

Peace.

How much is a NZXT S340?its hard to beat one of those.