HELP! Cs:go running in background

Astralise

Hey guys i have a HP Pavilion dv6-3046sa Entertainment Notebook PC  and i had installed cs go on the laptop it was working perfectly fine but i had so much junk on my laptop so i thoguht i would install a fresh copy of windows 7 home premium.

after i had done that i started having problems with my cs go when i try to run it the screen flickers for a second then cs go is running in the background it is not even visible in the  task bar orr when i alt tab.

I have tried many solutions to fix this such as:

Verifying game cache

uninstalling steam reinstalling steam

unchecking compatibility

i have tried various launch options like -w 800 -600 -autoconfig

Plus whenever i try updating my graphics it comes up with some other graphics hard ware instead of my radeon hd 5470 it comes up with a 4000 series one

i am stucj can you guys please help me thanks

Use borderless window? (probably wouldnt help on second thought)

Fresh install again / repair existing installation?

See if other games do this too, and then we can move on from there

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

Use borderless window? (probably wouldnt work on second thought)

Fresh install again / repair existing installation?

See if other games do this too, and then we can move on from there

I have fresh installed windows and steam 5 times now but for other games i cannot run them laptop has 516mb vram

I have fresh installed windows and steam 5 times now

Try updating graphics drivers and windows updates first

I had a problem where the computer would crash randomly in fullscreen games, but it was fixed after i updated to win 10. It would probably help

edit: sorry, didnt read that GFX update didnt work

Try updating graphics drivers and windows updates first

I had a problem where the computer would crash randomly in fullscreen games, but it was fixed after i updated to win 10. It would probably help

When i try to update windows it gets stuck on the checking for windows update ...

check User Access Controls. The game is trying to access the internet, which is triggering UAC to ask for confirmation (which would likely minimize the game widnow).

check User Access Controls. The game is trying to access the internet, which is triggering UAC to ask for confirmation (which would likely minimize the game widnow).

can you please tell me how to fix this im not smart with computers xD

Open the Control Panel from the start menu, and in the search bar type "uac" and click "Change User Account control settings."

Uninstalling steam doesn't uninstall games, I'm pretty sure. Uninstall CS: GO from the CP or steam and then reinstall it.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

But then how couldnt he run it in windowed mode then?

Edit: have to go, if it isnt solved tomorrow, i will try to help

damn time zones

But then how couldnt he run it in windowed mode then?

Whether in windowed or full-screen mode, the game still operates in a window. This is why you can alt-tab out to desktop

Whether in windowed or full-screen mode, the game still operates in a window. This is why you can alt-tab out to desktop

But when for example being forced onto the desktop while in full screen mode, games acts strange on some computers. My old computer would crash when minimized from full screen mode, although windowed and borderless fixed this

But when for example being forced onto the desktop while in full screen mode, the game acts strange on some computers. My old computer would crash when minimized from full screen mode, although windowed and borderless fixed this

A lot of games don't react well at all to running in the background like that. Kerbal Space Program would straight up not do anything if you alt-tabbed out of it until after launch

i have moved the bar all the way down and restarted my laptop and it didntwork

Uninstalling steam doesn't uninstall games, I'm pretty sure. Uninstall CS: GO from the CP or steam and then reinstall it.

uninstalling steam does uninstall csgo and all other games

i have moved the bar all the way down and restarted my laptop and it didntwork

Then I don't know. It might be a Windows update issue. Since it's a fresh install of Windows, the update check WILL take a long time. I'm talking, possibly a few hours. Be patient.

Then I don't know. It might be a Windows update issue. Since it's a fresh install of Windows, the update check WILL take a long time. I'm talking, possibly a few hours. Be patient.

omg really o.0 i have good connection dont know if that will do anything but ok ill wait thanks for your help man but if it dosnt work tommrow ill be back xD

omg really o.0 i have good connection dont know if that will do anything but ok ill wait thanks for your help man but if it dosnt work tommrow ill be back xD

It'll also take a few rounds of updates. Part of my job involves setting up new PCs for client businesses, which means monitoring Windows Update. On average, it took about 2 full work days to get a fresh Windows 7 install completely up to date.