PC vibration

Swegly

The h100i rad mounted to the top of my PC, even though it is mounted down, causes a vibration sound on the metal of the case. I have tightened the screws very firmly but not dangerously tight and don't know how I can make this go away. Currently I have my ipad sitting on the top of the case to absorb the cases vibration. Any suggestions?

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Have you cheched for anything trapped between the rad and the case? A screw or something?

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

Have you cheched for anything trapped between the rad and the case? A screw or something?

If there were something between there I would have found it by now. I have take the rad off two times to fix the vibrations.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Can you post a pic of the Setup?

Sorry I tried but my nexus 5 isnt connecting to the PC for some unknown reason.

Check the fans... If they're damaged in any way they vibrate

Checked. They are mint.

Are you sure it is the rad then?

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

Are you sure it is the rad then?

Nothing is damaged it is perfectly fine. It has something to do with the case/rad or something else. Trust me I have done a thorough inspection of the h100i and fans.

Checked. They are mint.

Ive seen fans work perfectly fine for a little and then start to rattle. How did you check the fans? Is the sound instantly when you turn on you pc?

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

Checked. They are mint.

There are apps for Imgur and otherwise. You can upload it still. :u

Ive seen fans work perfectly fine for a little and then start to rattle. How did you check the fans? Is the sound instantly when you turn on you pc?

I've seen the smallest crack or dis balance in blades shake a PC.

I've seen the smallest crack or dis balance in blades shake a PC.

Right. A ball bearing was bad in my parents computer and it would only start sharking after a bit of use.

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

Put some foam or rubber to prevent vibrating too much, make sure everything has a tight fit. I once broke the blade off of a fan and it would cause it to shake like hell, but since you said your fans were in mint condition I don't see that being a problem. It also could be your pump somehow.

The h100i rad mounted to the top of my PC, even though it is mounted down, causes a vibration sound on the metal of the case. I have tightened the screws very firmly but not dangerously tight and don't know how I can make this go away. Currently I have my ipad sitting on the top of the case to absorb the cases vibration. Any suggestions?

Troubleshoot scientifically.

Disable fan(s) one-by-one and check for vibration

If the fans are the cause, the vibration stops.

If not - take the Rad off

Check Rad for vibration

Check case for vibration

Post the results... Simple start