expert advice required for upgrade :P

Hi, Nandit from New Delhi , India 

i've got 20k rupees for a new build which isnt much , and also if i sell my previous components , i may get 3-4k more - the total comes in 23k minimum

now, i want an amd processor ( as i have an amd board) , a graphic card , a case and a psu 

i have settled for 2 options after wandering the web for days

1.i'm getting a 7870+corsair vs650+dragon chaos gaming mouse-and a cooler master tx3 , all of which are used for 13k .. and a fx 8120 processor (used ) which i got for about 6 k , and 4-5k for a  new case.

2.i'm getting a r9 280x for 15k (used) and buy a processor (used ) for about 3.5k (i'm getting a phenom 2 955 )... and buy a shitty case and a vs450 (used) which i'm getting for about 4k total (case and psu) 

and i game whenever i have a chance (gaming is love , gaming is life) 

i'm very confused, i won't be able to upgrade the pc for almost 2-3 years after this

and no , i cant pool in more money,

also , all the things i've mentioned that are used have some warranty with them ...

thank you in advance for the advice guys :)

i've got 20k rupees for a new build which isnt much , and also if i sell my previous components , i may get 3-4k more - the total comes in 23k minimum
now, i want an amd processor ( as i have an amd board) , a graphic card , a case and a psu 
i have settled for 2 options after wandering the web for days

1.i'm getting a 7870+corsair vs650+dragon chaos gaming mouse-and a cooler master tx3 , all of which are used for 13k .. and a fx 8120 processor (used ) which i got for about 6 k , and 4-5k for a  new case.

2.i'm getting a r9 280x for 15k (used) and buy a processor (used ) for about 3.5k (i'm getting a phenom 2 955 )... and buy a shitty case and a vs450 (used) which i'm getting for about 4k total (case and psu) 

and i game whenever i have a chance (gaming is love , gaming is life) 
i'm very confused, i won't be able to upgrade the pc for almost 2-3 years after this
and no , i cant pool in more money,

also , all the things i've mentioned that are used have some warranty with them ...

thank you in advance for the advice guys :)

I can't really make any suggestions if there is anything else you could because I don't know any of the current prices in India, but if I had to choose between the two options you names, I would go for the first one. That way you get at least a half way decent CPU.

The second option wouldn't be that great because the CPU would be quite a bottleneck anyways.

With the first option you should be able to play at least at 1080p and low-medium settings.

I can't really make any suggestions if there is anything else you could because I don't know any of the current prices in India, but if I had to choose between the two options you names, I would go for the first one. That way you get at least a half way decent CPU.

The second option wouldn't be that great because the CPU would be quite a bottleneck anyways.

With the first option you should be able to play at least at 1080p and low-medium settings.

hi , thanks for replying ... i was wondering , an r9 260x can play games at high settings very efficiently at 1080 p , although 7870=r9 270 , you are saying that it would play only at low... can you explain ?

hi , thanks for replying ... i was wondering , an r9 260x can play games at high settings very efficiently at 1080 p , although 7870=r9 270 , you are saying that it would play only at low... can you explain ?

I guess it depends on the game you're looking at.

An R9 270 will definitly not play a game like Crysis 3 or FarCry4 at high settings in 1080p with stable 60FPS.

But it shouldn't have a problem with games like CounterStrike GO and League of Legends for example.

I guess it depends on the game you're looking at.

An R9 270 will definitly not play a game like Crysis 3 or FarCry4 at high settings in 1080p with stable 60FPS.

But it shouldn't have a problem with games like CounterStrike GO and League of Legends for example.

Can you specify how much PSU wattage do I need ? I'm thinking of buying a low wattage one but of better quality that this ...

Can you specify how much PSU wattage do I need ? I'm thinking of buying a low wattage one but of better quality that this ...

I would take a PSU with at least a wattage of 450. But really i recommend a 500-600w PSU.

That way the PSU doesn't need to work at full load all the time and is going to last longer.

You'll probably want to go with the first option there

But why not use that case money towards a better GPU?

and what's your current CPU?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I've got an athlon ii x2 270 unclocked . . please don't laugh :P

If get a better GPU , I won't be able to get that vs650 as its in the combo deal of 13k , also investing in a new , quality PSU would be costly