6700k vs 5820k Benchmarks?

Ramontes
Go to solution Solved by Mew,

The 6700k is significantly faster in single thread at their stock speeds due to the pretty big frequency difference.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1320?vs=1543

Now im looking to buy either and simply want more information to validate the purchase, I want benchmarks of video rendering times and stuff like that howver i cannot find any in this category simply because every post is flooded by gaming benchmarks which obviously wont be much of a difference in that case. So i want a link or chart to some ttpe of video editing benchmark for these two cpu's I KNOW that the 5820k will obviously beat out the 6700k in the benchmarks but i want to know the marginal difference between the two such as rendering time, and cinibench scores and things like that, i will be overclocking as much as my h100i will allow it to go i dont want any answers saying "get 5820k" or "depends on your workload" i simply want numbers/answers

I have my 5820K at 4.4 GHz and I could go download Cinebench and come back with some results.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

the i7-5820k would be the better option when it comes to rendering and with it you also have the optionm to upgrade to a 5960x or a xeon so 5820k

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

I have my 5820K at 4.4 GHz and I could go download Cinebench and come back with some results.

just a link to a website would thank you  but if you wish to do that to help me id appreciate that too  i was looking to overclock the 5820k around 4.2-4.5 and 6700k much higher if the silicon lottery allowed me to do so

The 6700k is significantly faster in single thread at their stock speeds due to the pretty big frequency difference.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1320?vs=1543

so from what i understand from these charts is the rendering times range from around 30-60 secs in difference mainly what im paying attention to

just a link to a website would thank you  but if you wish to do that to help me id appreciate that too  i was looking to overclock the 5820k around 4.2-4.5 and 6700k much higher if the silicon lottery allowed me to do so

I scored a 1296 on Cinebench R15 while at 4.4 GHz.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

so from what i understand from these charts is the rendering times range from around 30-60 secs in difference mainly what im paying attention to

Though keep in mind those tests are done at stock clocks, since you're overclocking, that gap in single-threaded performance should close.

thats 5820k right

Yeah. If you want to use Cinebench 11.5, the score is 15.0.

My old 4790K scores 968 @ 4.8GHz. I bet 6700K will be a bit higher.

i probably wouldnt argue with myself so much about the cpu choice if the asus deluxe board cost the same on both chipsets i know that the 5820k is better for nearly the same price but thats around a 70-100 ddollar difference on this mobo, which is the one ill be getting as the features suit my needs the best

I score 1380 @ 4.6.

What voltage do you use for 4.6?

What voltage do you use for 4.6?

My chip isn't the best. 1.29v for 4.5GHz, and 1.35v for 4.6GHz.

My chip isn't the best. 1.29v for 4.5GHz, and 1.35v for 4.6GHz.

I haven't done extensive tweaking but, with a quick test, I'm using 1.35v for 4.4 GHz, I got a worse CPU than you :(

I haven't done extensive tweaking but, with a quick test, I'm using 1.35v for 4.4 GHz, I got a worse CPU than you :(

Someone got a 4.8GHz under 1.30v. That's a real good one.

Someone got a 4.8GHz under 1.30v. That's a real good one.

That's insane. I know Paul's Hardware got a 5960X that can do 4.75 or 4.65 GHz on only 1.3v

i think at the end of the day i will take those benchmarks and EVERYONES cinebench score into consideration when purchasing the cpu, i will also consider how often i will be using the most of the cpu and see if the trade offs for saving 80 dollars is worth it or not, thank everyone for helping me out with a decision

That's insane. I know Paul's Hardware got a 5960X that can do 4.75 or 4.65 GHz on only 1.3v

Yeah, 4.76 GHz at 1.30v. For a 5960x, that's a golden chip. JaysTwocents' 5960X does 4.4, so is Kyle's 5820K.