New headset.

thijmen38

Hi everybody, I'm looking for a new headset.

At the moment I am using an old Logitech headset.

Lately I have been looking at the razer megalodon but I hear different sounds about those, some people stilling loving them 4 years in some people hating them.

I would like the opponion of you guys.

Is this headset as awesome as people say and worth the money or not.

If not what headset is he best in the same price class?

Don't buy Razer headsets. They are terrible honestly.

I would look at the ATH-M50 and get a modmic to go with it.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

I'm still using the steelseries 7H. I still think its a good headset at a decent price range.

Razer Kraken is amzing! So is the Logitech G53.

Don't know about the MEgalodon though.

PC Specs:  2x GTX 550 ti in SLI - Intel i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz - Thermaltake Overseer Case - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram - 1TB Harddrive - 500 Watt PSU that came with my old prebuilt pc lawl -  ASUS P8P67 EVO

Peripherals:  Razer Deathadder Black Edition - Razer Arctosa Keyboard - Logitech G53 Headset

Cool song of the day: Chief Keef - Round da Rosey    Changed my profile pic again...                                        Mountain Dew is good. So are video games and music. Oh and unicorns.

Using razer electra for a year now. Pretty decent headphone though you want to pick another option. For that price, I suggest you go with a better manufacture. I still can't trust razer for a last long product especially for the expensive one.

I've seen a review on YouTube about the megalodon, saying that it's bad most of its issues will resolve when updating the frame ware.

get a pair of good headphones and pair them with a modmic instead, I think popular choices are ath-m50 and sennheiser 558s 

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

I love my Logitech G930s. They are very comfortable, and they have pretty good sound quality.

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

for headset maybe a g930 or sennheiser pc360. But I would get a pair of quality headphones and a zalman mic

Nzxt Phantom 410 - I5 4670k stock - 7950 vapor x @ 1000mhz/1250mhz - Msi Z87 G45 - 8gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1600mhz - TX650 - Benq XL2420t - Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 - Deathadder 2013

If you truly care about quality, then don't get a headset.

Just going to quote one of my old posts here:

Here is a short list of headphones I like (and think you should consider):

Sony MDR-V6 ($88)

Audio Technica ATH-AD700 ($100)

Audio Technica ATH-M50/M50S ($155, the S means straight cable)

Shure SRH840 ($150)

Sennheiser HD 558 ($150)
Beyerdynamic DT-770 PRO, 250 ohms ($175)
Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro Headphones, 250 Ohm ($223)
AKG Q701/K702 ($233/$224)

If you want an AMP/DAC/Sound card then I would recommend the FiiO E10 or if you want something more high end the FiiO E17.

For the mic you can get for example the Zalman Zm-Mic1 ($8.50), Modmic ($33), Blue Snowball ($50), or the Blue Yeti ($96). You might also want to consider a shotgun mic such as the Audio Technica ATR-6550 ($56) if you don't want an omnidirectional mic.

Oké i got enough alternatives now, I would really like a review of the megalodon by someone who used it, if there is anyone on this forum.