Go to solution Solved by EmeraldFlame,

Also, and I am not kidding here, buy some candy (not chocolate or anything else that can really melt) and throw in the box with it when you ship it off. I like to use bags of swedish fish or assorted hard candies.

The dudes working on your motherboard will appreciate it, and likely expedite the process. I mean it isn't a surefire thing, but as someone who works in the enterprise IT world where we ship stuff off for RMA all the time, it works a majority of the time. And if it doesn't, you're out like $2.

contact asus customer support. 

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

You open a support ticket on their website https://cms-am.asus.com/ecp/Rma.html here for North America. Then you pray it takes less than a month.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

if you've registered the product, then it will take less that 10-days (US based).

if not, then it will take longer. i've registered the product and then turn around

and start a support ticket. ASUS, for me, has been a premier manufacturer

with great customer/RMA support .

usually a couple of things come to mind for delayed POST boot.

first a CPU check, then to RAM, then to peripherals and then storage and optional

devices.

best to disable the ASUS splash to reveal the POST processing. this usually will show

what process is delaying/stalling the POST. legacy USB and HDD are usually the

culprits of speedy POST.

So if I'm reading this right, they don't want me to send back the original box or i/o shield, just the board? That seems strange to me.

just send nekkid motherboard, nothing else (as the return item will only be a mobo).

a USPS medium flat-rate shipping box is perfect. wrap in bubble-wrap and send

it. make sure you print the RMA instructions and item sheet and include in shipping

box, to make the process flow quickly, no paperwork, no sendy, quicky.

Also, and I am not kidding here, buy some candy (not chocolate or anything else that can really melt) and throw in the box with it when you ship it off. I like to use bags of swedish fish or assorted hard candies.

The dudes working on your motherboard will appreciate it, and likely expedite the process. I mean it isn't a surefire thing, but as someone who works in the enterprise IT world where we ship stuff off for RMA all the time, it works a majority of the time. And if it doesn't, you're out like $2.