Mic volume

Flowroro

Hi guys, im using a Razer kraken USB, had it for about a year now. Mic was working perfectly with and without razer synpase to control mic volume and sensitivity. but today no matter my settings, mic volume just went down like a cpu from 5 ghz downclocking to 1 ghz. cant find any fix for it, is my mic broken or something? reinstalled windows and all my sound drivers, dont know whats wrong

CPU: Intel i7 8700k || Motherboard: Asus Z370-E ROG || RAMCorsair 4266 2x8gb || GPU: Sapphire r9 280x tri-x || Case: Corsair 780t || 

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB, 1TB Segate Barracuda HDD || PSUSeasonic M12II Evo 850w || Display: AOC i2367FH 1920x1080p 23 Inch ||

CPU Cooler: Corsair h80 || KeyboardCorsair Strafe || MouseCorsair Scimitar || HeadsetHyper X Cloud II || OS: Windows 10 ||

Update razer mic software?

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

Update razer mic software?

Tried that reinstalled as well

CPU: Intel i7 8700k || Motherboard: Asus Z370-E ROG || RAMCorsair 4266 2x8gb || GPU: Sapphire r9 280x tri-x || Case: Corsair 780t || 

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB, 1TB Segate Barracuda HDD || PSUSeasonic M12II Evo 850w || Display: AOC i2367FH 1920x1080p 23 Inch ||

CPU Cooler: Corsair h80 || KeyboardCorsair Strafe || MouseCorsair Scimitar || HeadsetHyper X Cloud II || OS: Windows 10 ||

Tried that reinstalled as well

What software did you use to test your mic, if it was skype, then look into settings and maybe disable the automatic volume control

What software did you use to test your mic, if it was skype, then look into settings and maybe disable the automatic volume control

I did that too, maxed mic volume. Tried Skype, online voice recorder, couldn't pick up my voice when my mix is 3 cm away from my mouth

I did that too, maxed mic volume. Tried Skype, online voice recorder, couldn't pick up my voice when my mix is 3 cm away from my mouth

Look at windows microphone settings maybe?

Rightclick sound and then recording devices, then properties when you have selected the right mic

Also make sure that it is the right mic.

Look at windows microphone settings maybe?

Rightclick sound and then recording devices, then properties when you have selected the right mic

Also make sure that it is the right mic.

Did everything in settings, anything u can think of.

Did everything in settings, anything u can think of.

Did you try disabling all other recording devices exept your own microphone, programs like skype sometimes gets those mixed up with the real microphone

If you've got an Ubuntu* live CD kicking around, or can make one, test it in linux.

If it works, then you know you've got a software issue, if not, then the microphone is to blame.

*other distro's are available

Eeh, by gum.

ThrustJetViperPowerMustang: FX-6100 @4.4GHz (Stock Cooler) / 4x4GB Hyperam @ 1333MHz / OCZ Octane 250GB SSD / Asus HD6670 2GDDR3 / Asus M5A78LM-USB3