PC Dust Problems

tcolecruz

Hey guys, I live in California, a place which is notorious for very dusty air. I have a Corsair spec 01, and two case fans in the front panel. Over my last two months of use, the dust filter has become severely caked with dust that blocks airflow. I was wondering if I might damage any parts of my computer if I simply vacuumed the from of my case to get the dust out. Taking the front panel off is an option, but it's very difficult. Please let me know if i'm running any risks by doing this.

NEVERMIND: found this. http://www.howtogeek.com/57870/ask-how-to-geek-why-you-should-never-vacuum-your-pc-converting-books-for-the-kindle-and-controlling-multiple-computers-with-one-keyboard/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this. 

Use canned air to clean it. And this to keep it clean:

http://www.demcifilter.com/

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

No, vacuuming the case won't damage it.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Vaccuming will work but it may not dislodge the more stubborn dust. It will not damage your system, but one thing to be mindful of is making sure the fans don't spin super fast, the motors act as generators if spun while off and could damage the fan header on your motherboard. I just hold them with my finger as I dust.

could damage the fan header on your motherboard. I just hold them with my finger as I dust.

And it will definately destroy the bearings.