Installing Windows 7 gone terribly wrong !

Sheep

Today i just finished building my PC and i have a fresh copy of windows 7. My PC is a brand new Skylake build using Z170A MSI M5.. Blah blah blah... Mastercase Pro 5

So i didnt have a CD reader... So i coped the disc to a iso and made a bootable usb with that... This is when it got really messy... I plugged in my mouse, keyboard and the bootable usb and turn my pc on. Booted nicely :) got to the install page... None of my peripherals worked !!

So i did some research and apparently Windows 7 does not have support for USB 3.0 and 3.1 that being said isnt all... My case and IO DO NOT HAVE ANY USB2.0 GODAMMIT.

How do i install windows 7 without having to purcase USBMBADAPT ? Is there any way to install windows 7 without spending more money ???????? Please help :)

I don't necessarily like Sheeps... but I am a sheep 

CPU: I5-6600K GPU: GTX960 Strix 4GB MOBO: Z170A MSI M5 RAM: 8GB DDR4 COOLER: Corsair H100i GTX

PSU: Corsair 650RM SSD: Kingston 250GB HDD: 160GB + 500GB + 1TB CASE: Coolermaster Mastercase Pro 5

is it gaming KB and Mouse ? if you are using G KB you may have BIOS Switch so you can use it in BIOS mode

I dont understand what you just said.. Care to explain ?

CPU: I5-6600K GPU: GTX960 Strix 4GB MOBO: Z170A MSI M5 RAM: 8GB DDR4 COOLER: Corsair H100i GTX

PSU: Corsair 650RM SSD: Kingston 250GB HDD: 160GB + 500GB + 1TB CASE: Coolermaster Mastercase Pro 5

Aren't those two ports at the top USB2 ports (5)?

connectivity_G45.png

They are labelled on MSI's site as "Gaming" ports, but they are a different colour to the USB3 ports. Is there some option in the BIOS to set them to USB2 or something?

Edit: Also there is a PS2 port (1). If you think you can install the drivers with just a mouse or keyboard then this might help you (assuming you have a PS2 keyboard or adapter).

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

This exact same thing happen to me with a recent build.  Seems most new motherboards don't let you use USB peripherals in Win 7 until you install the USB 3.0 drivers.  

Luckily I had a SATA DVD and a PS2 keyboard to install the drivers.  

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Aren't those two ports at the top USB2 ports (5)?

connectivity_G45.png

They are labelled on MSI's site as "Gaming" ports, but they are a different colour to the USB3 ports. Is there some option in the BIOS to set them to USB2 or something?

Edit: Also there is a PS2 port (1). If you think you can install the drivers with just a mouse or keyboard then this might help you (assuming you have a PS2 keyboard or adapter).

The Gaming ports dont work even during the windows 7 installation... i have tried it already

are you using Gaming Keyboard and Gaming Mouse ?

no.

Use this tool from ASrock to patch your .iso and add USB 3.0 drivers to the installation. ftp://download.asrock.com/Utility/UsbPatcher/UsbPatcher(v2.0.3).zip

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

Use this tool from ASrock to patch your .iso and add USB 3.0 drivers to the installation. ftp://download.asrock.com/Utility/UsbPatcher/UsbPatcher(v2.0.3).zip

Thanks... i will do that

I will see if it works

You can also try to unplug and replug peripherals and keep booting until they work. I have constantly this issue with mobo without USB2 ports. Literally without any. Replugging and booting gives me 1/5 working conditions.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

HAHAHA thanks for your help guys ;) i have got my computer all working :) i decided to buy a hard copy of windows 10 because my dad paid for it. LOL... 

Your dad did right thing. Windows 7 is kinda old. It does not support USB 3.0/3.1 and M.2 natively.