Need help picking a CPU

Ok, so I'm giving my current build to my brother once I get out of the military before Christmas. I'm wanting to get a head start on my new build since major sales are about to start hitting the web.

So my biggest problem right now is deciding on what CPU to get. I'm wanting to get into 4k gaming. The build I have currently has a I7- 4790k @ 4.00GHz. When I was looking for best performance for gaming, I'm seeing a lot of people saying go with the I5s. Cpus are about the only thing ive been having trouble with understanding what the hell everything means. lol

So question is, what the heck should I buy for a great Cpu, I'm more of an Intel guy as I'm more familiar with them.

For 4k gaming I hope you've got SLI 980 Tis ready

EDIT: For 4k the CPU is the least important thing

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Yeah, i currently got the 4790, and i havent had a single problem. And yes, in my upcoming build i will be getting the 980 Ti ;) Don't worry. haha Might even get 2 of them.

Or i7 4790k for little cheaper. 

cheaper yes, but it would be better to run 2 way sli at x16-x8 with the 5820k than x8-x8 with 4790k

The site has changed....

Yeah, i currently got the 4790, and i havent had a single problem. And yes, in my upcoming build i will be getting the 980 Ti ;) Don't worry. haha Might even get 2 of them.

For 4K the MINIMUM is 2x 980 Ti - anything bellow that is 30 fps city

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

So i should go with a I7 5820? I mean my budget for a CPU was around $450. Almost forgot to mention that

So i should go with a I7 5820? I mean my budget for a CPU was around $450. Almost forgot to mention that

450 only on cpu-> 5820k

450~ cpu-mobo->4790k-4690k and asus z97-e/a

The site has changed....

You see people recommend the i5's because they differ from the i7's only in that they lack Hyperthreading. As most games only scale well up to about four cores, Hyperthreading isn't usually something that has much of an impact on performance. You could go with an i5 and probably notice very little difference in most games, though if you have the money to spend for a 4790K I don't think it's an entirely dumb idea. In certain titles it can help smooth out the minimum framerates, at least.

You absolutely do not need the 5820K. You only need 16 PCIe lanes for two video cards, and if eight logical cores are already borderline pointless, twelve logical cores is even more so.

How does this build look?

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Scottmalbon77/saved/HLcscf

And its saying I'm having to update bioms for something, ive never seen that before. Is that gonna be a problem?

if it hasnt the latest bios, you may need a haswell non refresh cpu in order to flash the latest bios that supports haswell refresh cpu at z87 boards.

To avoid the trouble, get a z97 board ( asus z97-a)

The site has changed....