PC crashes + sound loop while gaming

C9SPR

Regardless of how demanding the game I'm playing is, I'll run into random crashes. These crashes do not leave any crash logs as well. (I don't overclock)

I've tried most of the test to check if CPU, GPU and RAM and they appear to be fine.

Temperature wise, 40C without load, ~60-70 under load. I periodically clean out the rig of dust too.

Am trying to figure out which component is faulty (PSU/Mobo?) but couldn't find any sorta freeware to test.

I do not have any spare rigs or parts to swap out and test with so I can't swap out to check the individual parts.

Wonder if anyone here could help?

• Mobo: Asrock B75 Pro3-M
  • CPU: i5-3470
  • GPU: MSI HD 7870 Twin Frozr III
  • PSU: FSP Aurum 550w Platinium

Any help is appreciated (:

what does windows event viewer say the cause of the crash is?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

what does windows event viewer say the cause of the crash is?

Event ID #6008 #41 - Basically saying that the PC had an unexpected shutdown and rebooted without proper shutdown.

When faced with the crash, I have to hard reset to get the PC going again.

UPDATE: I just swapped out my PSU with a Cooler Master V650 and still experienced these random crashes

I had a problem like that about a year ago. It was a fault of my RAM. Maybe try to run memtest86? I'm not saying it must be fault of RAM, just saying thai it might be, so don't quote me on that. 

Try running your computer on the iGPU for a while and see where that goes. If you are still getting that issue start looking at RAM.

I had a problem like that about a year ago. It was a fault of my RAM. Maybe try to run memtest86? I'm not saying it must be fault of RAM, just saying thai it might be, so don't quote me on that. 

I've ran memtest overnight and there doesn't seem to be any error popping up >:

Try running your computer on the iGPU for a while and see where that goes. If you are still getting that issue start looking at RAM.

Well try that out! Thanks

By pc crash, do you mean that the pc is frozen (but didn't reboot) and the sound loops?

If yes then it's most likely the GPU that's the cause, this happened to a friends rig. Everything was fine until the pc started running games. The fix was to RMA the GPU.

By pc crash, do you mean that the pc is frozen (but didn't reboot) and the sound loops?

If yes then it's most likely the GPU that's the cause, this happened to a friends rig. Everything was fine until the pc started running games. The fix was to RMA the GPU.

+1 to that.

Changing GPU should fix the issue.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-8600K 6C 3.6 GHz | MOBO: ASUS Prime Z370-A ATX Motherboard | RAMCorsair Vengeance RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3000MHz | GPU: ASUS Dual GeForce GTX 1060 OC edition 6GB | CASE: CoolerMaster MasterBox Lite 5 RGB | PSU: CoolerMaster V750 | SDD: Samsung 840 Pro 250GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda  3 TB 7200rpm |  Sound Card: (pending)  | Speaker: Logitech Z623

Same here +1 to the GPU

I have personally had a USB headset cause this, cause that was super fun to troubleshoot. 

Exactly!!

+1 to that.

Changing GPU should fix the issue.

Same here +1 to the GPU

I have personally had a USB headset cause this, cause that was super fun to troubleshoot. 

I've RMA-ed the GPU before but the same issue arises. Maybe its time for me to look into a new card? Still trying to run on iGPU to see if I'll bump into the same issue.

What are the odds of having a faulty mobo? Just curious

Exactly!!

I've RMA-ed the GPU before but the same issue arises. Maybe its time for me to look into a new card? Still trying to run on iGPU to see if I'll bump into the same issue.

What are the odds of having a faulty mobo? Just curious

If it's a faulty motherboard, it'll probably cause problems from the get go. It seems like you only crash when you run a game, i'm pretty confident is the GPU, it could be bad luck that two cards from the same brand and model gave you the problem.

Try running a bare minimal pc game and if you crash then take out the GPU and use the onboard Intel GPU and see if you crash then, that'll give you answer if it's the GPU or something else.

If it's a faulty motherboard, it'll probably cause problems from the get go. It seems like you only crash when you run a game, i'm pretty confident is the GPU, it could be bad luck that two cards from the same brand and model gave you the problem.

Try running a bare minimal pc game and if you crash then take out the GPU and use the onboard Intel GPU and see if you crash then, that'll give you answer if it's the GPU or something else.

Edit: Sorry for double post, don't know how to delete the post lol.