PC failing to boot...

Silicon_Build

I have just done some fiddling with cable management within my PC and then afterwards I turned on my computer and everything appeared to be working I am able to get into the BIOS and everything however...

Windows (7) is just completely just doesn't work now if I don't go into the BIOS and or after I have exited the BIOS and obviously it attempts to boot Win7 I get this error:

"Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press key"

It been working fine till I just cleared up a few cables. I have Windows on a 240GB Kingston SSD and another 1TB Barracuda HDD. All the hardware seems to be working properly otherwise and I checked all the cables are in the drives properly.

Please help!!

I posted on your first thread, you reposted the same thread twice.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456610-pc-failing-to-boot-please-help/

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Same thing happened to me, just don't do all the shit I did without asking first, because I messed some stuff up in the process.

Fix:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448353-did-i-murder-my-computer/#entry6012225

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified