New PC Build

Eblame
Go to solution Solved by Quincy15,

there are 4 motherboards not 3

Wow what a helpful reply. So glad you took the time to comment

Change your PSU to a Corsair HX850i (people here hate corsair PSU and will tell you to get a EVGA or a Seasonic) I would go for a cheaper motherboard either the Asus or the MSI and get a 980ti with the money you save

Hello everyone,

I just recently joined the forum however I have been subscribed to Linus for a very long time. I have already built myself a PC i am proud of but I am starting to consider building a new one with a little more... OOMPH. Although it is not the best of the best i think it is relatively well done. The reason I started this thread it to get some feedback from more experienced PC builders... and maybe even Linus or Luke! Anyway, I will add a link at the end of the thread for you to see my build on my amazon wishlist and let me know what you think. (If you could not tell i am going for a White/Black/Gray/Blue color scheme

PS: The reason i have three motherboards on there is because i couldn't make up my mind.

TLDR: Making a PC build, tell me what you think.

Build-> https://amzn.com/w/YBS537LYHSRI

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VhHTkL

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($369.90 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($289.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($173.45 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($499.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 760T White ATX Full Tower Case  ($209.42 @ B&H)
Power Supply: Corsair 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($156.78 @ B&H)
Total: $1909.51
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-25 03:34 EDT-0400

Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one - Emmett Lathrop "DocBrown 

there are 4 motherboards not 3

Change your PSU to a Corsair HX850i (people here hate corsair PSU and will tell you to get a EVGA or a Seasonic) I would go for a cheaper motherboard either the Asus or the MSI and get a 980ti with the money you save

What is wrong about Corsair PSUs? And why a Corsair HX850i? Anyhting more than 850Watts would be overkill i assume?

Oh and is the 980ti better than the 980 itself? Finally, how much of a diffrence would it make if i go for a Titan X?

What is wrong about Corsair PSUs? And why a Corsair HX850i? Anyhting more than 850Watts would be overkill i assume?

Oh and is the 980ti better than the 980 itself? Finally, how much of a diffrence would it make if i go for a Titan X?

I would get a HX series for your premium system, 850w will give you the headroom to get another card in the future over 850w for single GPU is overkill. I personally like Corsair but some think they are overpriced.

980ti is 10 - 15% quicker than the 980. Dont go Titan x 980ti is cheaper and actually better for gaming

I would get a HX series for your premium system, 850w will give you the headroom to get another card in the future over 850w for single GPU is overkill. I personally like Corsair but some think they are overpriced.

980ti is 10 - 15% quicker than the 980. Dont go Titan x 980ti is cheaper and actually better for gaming

Thanks man, you actually helped me out! Oh one last thing, on my current build (which is nothing special and pretty old) i have a 1000w PSU but it isn't modular. Only reason i got the 1000w was because it was hella cheap and i was having some budget problems. Do you think it would be a good idea to use that or is the difference between modular and non-modular huge?

Thanks man, you actually helped me out! Oh one last thing, on my current build (which is nothing special and pretty old) i have a 1000w PSU but it isn't modular. Only reason i got the 1000w was because it was hella cheap and i was having some budget problems. Do you think it would be a good idea to use that or is the difference between modular and non-modular huge?

Absolutely not. Your old cheap PSU is probably nearly life expired. When they go they tend to take expensive motherboards and Graphics cards with them.

Go for fully modular, your spending alot of money on your PC so you may as well have a nice PSU