Wake On Lan not working windows 10

perplex
Go to solution Solved by perplex,

Disable fast boot. This is an issue from Windows 8. We have an issue at work where 200 PC's would not wake on lan. Disable fast boot in power options.

thanks, it seems to be working now, i did try this a while back and it didnt work, but i think it was a number of things

driver, redownloading the app, and fast boot

i had WOL "Wake On Lan" working with windows 7, soon as i upgraded it stopped working, does anyone know why and how to fix it?

ive been looking around the web, havent found anything super helpful yet as everything ive tried didnt work...

Asus Z97 board

ideas?

this is everything ive done so far

turned this on

dhcu2q.jpg

there is nothing in advance setting i dont think but please check

10iigb7.jpg

and in BOIS

15hhkiw.jpg

i have tried other things ive found with no luck

I don't have much knowledge in this area but MSX does not like really anything with  older bios versions

see if you can update your bios this might help

sorry I could not give you a straight anwser

I can't see "Wake on Magic Packet" in the connection list and all you've said regarding your motherboard is "Asus Z97 board"

So it would help if you posted the correct motherboard model as it may not support WOL in Windows 10. + Have you checked for motherboard updates from the Asus website?

I have the same NIC and looking at my settings I see alot more info. Can you post a pic of the driver tab to confirm the driver version you're on.

For reference I have the WoL option on the Intel 12.13.17.4 driver

CPU: Intel i7-4790K | GPU: Asus Strix 2080 Super OC | COOLER:Corsair H110i GT | MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero | RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133mhz PSU: Corsair RM 1000 | CASE: Corsair C70 | MOUSE: Corsair M95 KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 RGB SSD: Samsung 256GBx2 Raid0 | OS: Windows 10 | DISPLAY: Dell S3220dgf

I don't have much knowledge in this area but MSX does not like really anything with  older bios versions

see if you can update your bios this might help

sorry I could not give you a straight anwser

yea bios is at its latest version

I can't see "Wake on Magic Packet" in the connection list and all you've said regarding your motherboard is "Asus Z97 board"

So it would help if you posted the correct motherboard model as it may not support WOL in Windows 10. + Have you checked for motherboard updates from the Asus website?

shit sorry, thought i added it, its Asus z97 pro wifi

I have the same NIC and looking at my settings I see alot more info. Can you post a pic of the driver tab to confirm the driver version you're on.

For reference I have the WoL option on the Intel 12.13.17.4 driver

my driver version is 12.12.50.6, seems there is a update, wonder why it never updated...ill go try find a new one

are you able to point me in the right direction?

Just downloaded new one from Asus and its still not the same version you have but it is newer... its 12.12.218.0 here is a picture of the new settings. i wonder why the Asus EZ update doesnt even work, uninstalling that crap.. wonder why it never picked up the new driver...

1zn6j5x.jpg

Now your on a new driver. disable the WoL option in the screenshot above, restart and re-enable, then shut down and test.

CPU: Intel i7-4790K | GPU: Asus Strix 2080 Super OC | COOLER:Corsair H110i GT | MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Hero | RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133mhz PSU: Corsair RM 1000 | CASE: Corsair C70 | MOUSE: Corsair M95 KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 RGB SSD: Samsung 256GBx2 Raid0 | OS: Windows 10 | DISPLAY: Dell S3220dgf

Now your on a new driver. disable the WoL option in the screenshot above, restart and re-enable, then shut down and test.

did that and still not working

Can you try the disable fast start up option in the following link (this was a feature brought in with Windows8 onwards that has been known to break WoL:

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-disable-or-enable-fast-startup-in-windows-8-1/

Can you try the disable fast start up option in the following link (this was a feature brought in with Windows8 onwards that has been known to break WoL:

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-disable-or-enable-fast-startup-in-windows-8-1/

yea ive tried that before and didnt work, but kinda good news i found out whats the problem, i just have no idea how to fix...

ok so

if i shut down my pc from the start menu and try to boot with WOL app it WONT work, if i shut down my pc with the WOL app on my phone and try to boot with WOL app it WORKS

so it has something to do with shutting down

ideas?

Have you tried disabling the ErP option in the BIOS > Advanced > APM section? (page 3-45 of the manual) If I understand correctly it basically ignores the other options and turns off more things than would otherwise be turned off.

Have you tried disabling the ErP option in the BIOS > Advanced > APM section? (page 3-45 of the manual) If I understand correctly it basically ignores the other options and turns off more things than would otherwise be turned off.

EDIT - nvm read it wrong, ill give it a go

Disable fast boot. This is an issue from Windows 8. We have an issue at work where 200 PC's would not wake on lan. Disable fast boot in power options.

thanks, it seems to be working now, i did try this a while back and it didnt work, but i think it was a number of things

driver, redownloading the app, and fast boot