Buy OnePlus One now or wait for the new Nexus(es)

Wadu436

Hi everyone!

I'm in the market for a new phone, and had decided on the OnePlus One. But I read that the new Nexus'es were gonna be announced in 6 days, so is it worth it to wait? I have 300 euros.

I was kindoff in the same position, and I decided to preorder a Elephone Vowney :) Seems like a great price for what u get, at least :D

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

Nexus wont be 300 euros,maybe 400 or more i believe

If I'm gonna get a Nexus ill have to wait for my bday then?

If I'm gonna get a Nexus ill have to wait for my bday then?

Yes, or the Nexus 5 might be 300 euro, but the nexus 6 will probably be 4-500

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

have you considered Sony Xperia M4? its little bit cheaper, but it very adorable phone that price point. 

Failure is not an option!

have you considered Sony Xperia M4? its little bit cheaper, but it very adorable phone that price point. 

Yes, but the Xperia has a Snapdragon 615 and the Oneplus One (also 300 euros) has an 801, and the Oneplus is bigger and has a higher resolution

Yes, but the Xperia has a Snapdragon 615 and the Oneplus One (also 300 euros) has an 801, and the Oneplus is bigger and has a higher resolution

O'h i forged that. 

Failure is not an option!

I had this problem two weeks ago. Decided for Oneplus One. Got it after few days, happy with it.

CPU: Intel i5-4670K -- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB -- MOBO: MSI Z87-G45 GAMING -- GPU: GeForce GTX 770 Windforce 3X OC Edition -- PSU: XFX Pro 750W XXX Edition -- Case: CM Silencio 452 -- Cooler: CRYORIG H7 -- OS: Windows 8.1 Pro -- Monitor: Samsung S24D590PL -- Mouse:  Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum  -- Keyboard: Das Keyboard 4 Professional (Cherry MX Brown)

I had this problem two weeks ago. Decided for Oneplus One. Got it after few days, happy with it.

I think I'm just gonna wait. The OnePlus wont cost more after 1 week. And if the nexus is better for the same price, I got myself a better phone by waiting [emoji14]

I still have my OnePlus One since initial shipments were released. I freaking love it. Running CM12.1 heavily modded with Nova Launcher and a couple of different themes and it's set up just how I like it. Can overclock for performance, underclock for battery...honestly the only thing I want is this phone with a 1440p panel and a slightly larger battery (obviously a slightly bumped up processor as well [EX Snapdragon 820], I don't really feel 4 GB of RAM is needed). I'd be the happiest guy ever. The ergonomics are great and I look at every other phone coming out and compare it to mine and just go..."That just isn't ME!".