Benefits of SSD

lieudusty
Go to solution Solved by Samdb,

Hello, may I firstly say congratulations in considering an SSD, as for their benefits over standard mechanical hard drives there are many. The read/write speeds a greatly increased when factoring in an SSD, whether it is for a solely SSD drive, or as a cache for a larger mechanical hard drive which uses Intel's Smart Response SSD caching. The benefit of having a hybrid storage solution is that it offers faster speeds, offered by the SSD, and the storage space offered by the hard drive, giving you the best of both worlds. Secondly, SSDs do not make a sound, this is great for a silent system, such as a home theater PC where silence is a key feature. The silence of an SSD is because it has no moving parts, this allows an SSD to be much more reliable that a traditional hard drive which are prone to failure from drops, knocks and bumps, all of which an SSD would likely survive. As for the choice there are many, several companies now make their own skews of SSDs from the like of Samsung, OCZ and Intel but to name a few.

Hi! I'm looking into buying the new Samsung EVO SSD. I've never owned an SSD before so I'm just wondering, is there a noticeable performance difference when using the computer besides a faster boot up?

Any response is appreciated thanks!

EDIT: Can anybody recommend a certain SSD? I'm looking for one from about $100 - $150.

Yes there is quite a noticeable difference between a HDD and a SSD also are more reliable 

Yes. The entire os will be snappier. Things like load times in games will be faster. When you launch large programs they will be considerably faster.

Hello, may I firstly say congratulations in considering an SSD, as for their benefits over standard mechanical hard drives there are many. The read/write speeds a greatly increased when factoring in an SSD, whether it is for a solely SSD drive, or as a cache for a larger mechanical hard drive which uses Intel's Smart Response SSD caching. The benefit of having a hybrid storage solution is that it offers faster speeds, offered by the SSD, and the storage space offered by the hard drive, giving you the best of both worlds. Secondly, SSDs do not make a sound, this is great for a silent system, such as a home theater PC where silence is a key feature. The silence of an SSD is because it has no moving parts, this allows an SSD to be much more reliable that a traditional hard drive which are prone to failure from drops, knocks and bumps, all of which an SSD would likely survive. As for the choice there are many, several companies now make their own skews of SSDs from the like of Samsung, OCZ and Intel but to name a few.

The difference in performance is so big once you go SSD you can never go back to a HDD as your boot drive. SERIOUSLY!

This! 

They all have a point. SSDs are the ultimate way to go!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Sam,

Intel Response Squad member

http://bit.ly/RallySquad

Damn Sam! Did you feel like writing a story? :P

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I did indeed :)

Tell the story of... The  Forums...

Thanks for the response in great detail!

it is done.

Wait... Hold Up. Where...

I PM'd you.

Don't see it :c

omg you did it.....

omg you did it.....

I demand to see that story!