Help Choosing GPU

Shine

there are..... and they compare a 260x? how is that a high end gpu?

http://udteam.tistory.com/639 look there comparing several gpus. 260x to 290x 

reread it smarts

Not even the same CPU.

reread it smarts

Not even the same CPU.

omg man its the g3220 its the same chip. THERE THE SAME theres no performance gain, so its NOT worth spending 200 dollars on!

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

omg man its the g3220 its the same chip. THERE THE SAME theres no performance gain, so its NOT worth spending 200 dollars on!

One word for you

Overclockability.

Overclocking goes so far.

You can get that easy 4GHz.

One word for you

Overclockability.

Overclocking goes so far.

You can get that easy 4GHz.

another word for you, this man doesnt even know the name of his gpu, he just wants a performance gain. what makes you think overclocking is on his mind? and even so its still not worth spending 200 dollars on it. you are not showing me any benchmarks at all and when i showed you something you acted like you had evidence to back you up

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

another word for you, this man doesnt even know the name of his gpu, he just wants a performance gain. what makes you think overclocking is on his mind? and even so its still not worth spending 200 dollars on it. you are not showing me any benchmarks at all and when i showed you something you acted like you had evidence to back you up

Because I dont need to show you any benchmarks to know that Intel has made a more powerful CPU

Yet from you have I seen a correct benchmark with the Pentium

bf4_1920n.png

And at least Intel won't kill a chipset completely *cough cough Haswell Refresh*

And at least upgradability to the more dominate platform is available 

Because I dont need to show you any benchmarks to know that Intel has made a more powerful CPU

Yet from you have I seen a correct benchmark with the Pentium

bf4_1920n.png

And at least Intel won't kill a chipset completely *cough cough Haswell Refresh*

And at least upgradability to the more dominate platform is available 

ITS NOT worth spending 200 dollars towards it especially when hes gpu needs to be upgraded like cmon 

This thread has turned into chaos.  :lol:

that happens a lot

especially when AMD and Intel are used.

ITS NOT worth spending 200 dollars towards it especially when hes gpu needs to be upgraded like cmon 

It IS worth spending the extra cash BECAUSE YOUR NOT STUCK ON A DEAD END CHIPSET

that happens a lot

especially when AMD and Intel are used.

It IS worth spending the extra cash BECAUSE YOUR NOT STUCK ON A DEAD END CHIPSET

so your saying his original budget of 200 dollars for a gpu should turn into 600????

so your saying his original budget of 200 dollars for a gpu should turn into 600????

again

Upgradeability 

Never said he had too.

Just that Intel is so much more powerful then AMD is. 

and ISN'T STUCK ON A DEAD CHIPSET

And I don't know where your figuring those numbers from

Z97 board costs $100 which would already be payed for, and 4690k only costs 250 

Don't see where you pulled 600 out of.

Don't forget it's £200 so a conversion of currency to dollars would be around $310

again

Upgradeability 

Never said he had too.

Just that Intel is so much more powerful then AMD is. 

and ISN'T STUCK ON A DEAD CHIPSET

And I don't know where your figuring those numbers from

Z97 board costs $100 which would already be payed for, and 4690k only costs 250 

Don't see where you pulled 600 out of.

he still wants a gpu upgrade, and yes 600 was a bit of an overestimate 

So trying to end the AMD vs Intel war in this thread lol. 

If i was to buy a recommended GPU, would it work in my system? If not tell me why please.

I could also upgrade the motherboard and CPU in future. I understand your point how it's outdated. 

I also need recommendations on PSU for the GPU. My motherboard has a 24-pin connectors etc.. 

Hi all I do a computer details check and here are the results.

• Processor AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core Processor
  • Manufacturer AMD Speed 3.6 GHz
  • Number of Cores 4 Video Card ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series
  • Manufacturer ATI Chipset ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series
  • Dedicated Memory 1010.8 MB
  • Total Memory 4.0 GB
  • Memory 8.2 GB of RAM

Not sure if this will sum things up but, here you go.  :)