My Splashtop won't play games

Stefan Becker

So I saw the ghetto shield video, and probably like many of you, I thought: I am going to make such a thing! So i downloaded Splashtop personal (free version ofc, 'cause Linus and Slicn used it) for my Samsung Galaxy SII and my Windows PC. I launched it, and it worked without problems. By the way I do not have a XBox 360 controller yet, but i am buying one to use with the ghetto shield (when it chooses to start working). Then I boot up TF2, becausebi know that you can play without controller. It boots up, but won't work in fullscreen mode. NP I thoght, just gonna play in window mode... but that shiz won't work. Can anyone help me please? I can give you more information if you wan't :-)

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

I know there are issues with fullscreen but windowed has never given me a problem. I actually have the subscription for accessing my PC from another location and play a lot of civ 5 on my phone in my free time.

What happens when you try to play a game in windowed mode and have you tried any games besides TF2? I recommend being at your PC and tweaking settings from there and watch the results on the splashtop display when you're troubleshooting.

I have not played tried to play other games than tf2 and css. I think i figured out how it works; when you have the free version, you need a controller to play games. I did not understand that, until last night... so yeah. But i still have a problem starting games in fullscreen mode. When i am using the application i am sitting by my computer, don't worry :-) but thank you!

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

I had no problem running my games in fullscreen borderless. For TF2 try going into properties then launch options and type -windowed -noborder

Is it just me or will Splashtop not work unless you buy one of their "Packages"?

Hush V1 (June 2021 - Present): 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 || CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-D15s || MOTHERBOARD: MSI B450 Tomahawk || GPU: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 Strix OC 10GB || RAM: 2x8GB G. Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz CL16 || STORAGE: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB, Crucial MX500 2TB || PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 850W Platinum || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify 2

Peripherals:

ASUS PG27UQ Acer VG240Y Pbiip HP 23F

Razer Naga Pro ← Logitech G602 ← Evoluent Vertical Mouse 4 ← Corsair M90 ← Logitech MX518

BM60EC_RGB [NK Cream] ↔ Nullbits Nibble 65 [NK Cream] ← Ducky Zero [Cherry MX Red]

Audioengine A2 / Rode VideoMicroPlantronics GameCom 780

PCPartpicker:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/teofsean/

Is it just me or will Splashtop not work unless you buy one of their "Packages"?

It will work (i have just figured out) without buying a package, but for playing games without a package, you need a separate

controller.