Arduino help?

NLBUURMAN

Hi all!

For my Bachelor study I am required to do a project, and mine is based on Arduino's (which one's specifically, yet to be determined) 

I can't use the Uno http://nl.mathworks.com/hardware-support/arduino-simulink.html

the situation is as follows; for the moment I am planning on controlling 2 plants in Simulink (state space given), and I would like to connect them with 2 Arduino's, as the plants influence eachother, and so the Arduino's can base their actions on the other one. 

So there is a realtime link needed with Simulink, and the 2 Arduino's independantly. for communication between the Arduino's I thought the I2C would be suitable, for the first USB.

Though I don't know if this is really possible, as at first both plants will be running in Simulink, but lateron it is meant to be real models of plants (small windmills or transport belts)

my question to you is; is this possible? I think there needs to be one master and one slave (Arduino 1 Master here) I have at the moment no experience with Arduino's, only with PC :)

test.png