Safe temps

condog209

I have the R9 280X toxic , my idle temps are 55, and alot of the times I reach the 70sand 80s and once the 92-95 playing battlefield 3 on ultra is this safe because AMD said 90s are still face , and should I fix my Case fans airflow to hhelp or get after market cooler for my GPU

I have the R9 280X toxic , my idle temps are 55, and alot of the times I reach the 70sand 80s and once the 92-95 playing battlefield 3 on ultra is this safe because AMD said 90s are still safe , and should I fix my Case fans airflow to hhelp or get after market cooler for my GPU

Fix the airflow if you can..

Idle temps of 55*c would mean your either running multiple monitors or live in a desert, and with multi monitors the MEMclock of the 280x is not declocking to 150mhz, but stays at 1250Mhz, giving off some heat, thats why IDLE is so high.

Load temps are a little high (but its using auto fan profiles)

Download MSI Afterburner and in the options, set a better fan speed curve.

This video is for another GPU, but the method is the exact same.

When it gets to 75-80*c on that graph, add more fan speed than normal.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

"AMD said 90s are still face".....seems legit not gonna lie.

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

Fix the airflow if you can..

Idle temps of 55*c would mean your either running multiple monitors or live in a desert, and with multi monitors the MEMclock of the 280x is not declocking to 150mhz, but stays at 1250Mhz, giving off some heat, thats why IDLE is so high.

Load temps are a little high (but its using auto fan profiles)

Download MSI Afterburner and in the options, set a better fan speed curve.

This video is for another GPU, but the method is the exact same.

When it gets to 75-80*c on that graph, add more fan speed than normal.

yep you got me im running dual monitors

Then the Fancurve is the way to go.

OR.. Run the 2nd monitor off the onboard igpu (may need to be enabled in bios), and the other single monitor plugged into your 280x will not force the memclock to 1250mhz, but will drop to 150mhz and save a few degrees.

Idle temps should be around 30-45*c (depending on factors like ambient air/location)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

hey my temps are safer now I accidently installed my side fan as exhaust and back fan as intake which doesnt help because my top are exhaust ( case is nzxt phantom 410) after i put the fan in the right direction my temps of idle are high 40's in sted of 55 and running project cars ultra maxed out at 78