Razer Goliathus CONTROL vs SPEED ?

Tai Tran

So erm.....all I've known so far about them is the speed is smoother than the control. Can anybody that own either or both explain to me the other differences between these 2 versions ? Which one should I buy ? I don't get a chance to try them out in person and I need a new mouse pad as my $5 pad from amazon is getting annoying being too small and tearing apart. The reason I ask is the Speed is $35 (the extended verion) and the control is $19 (the extended version). I want to know if the Speed is worth that double price tag.  :huh:

Pretty sure the speed version is just a little bit smoother. I own one, and it's pretty good.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

My roommate was shopping for mousepads last week and decided on the speed. It just felt better. He plays MOBAs, CSGO, and some RPGs. I like it too but i just prefer my Qck+ and its design xD

Pretty sure the speed version is just a little bit smoother. I own one, and it's pretty good.

My roommate was shopping for mousepads last week and decided on the speed. It just felt better. He plays MOBAs, CSGO, and some RPGs. I like it too but i just prefer my Qck+ and its design xD

Do you guys happen to know what else make it that much more expensive than the control ? I mean how much more "good" does it feel compare to the control ? 

Do you guys happen to know what else make it that much more expensive than the control ? I mean how much more "good" does it feel compare to the control ? 

Where are you shopping? It shouldn't be that much more.

wait

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Goliathus-Large-SPEED-Gaming/dp/B00ETHLPUE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1442217757&sr=8-2&keywords=razer+goliathus

nvm

They weren't that different when we went to best buy <.<

Speed is slipperier so it's way easier to slide the mouse fast across it. It won't cause as bad friction with your hand either.

Control has a rough surface so stopping at a precise spot is easier with that. The rough surface also allows more precision on tiny movements.

Albeit, some of my customers told me they're faster using the Control. I myself think Speed is faster. In any case, you'll get used to and adapt to either one of them very quickly. And pretty soon none of this will matter. 

Speed is slipperier so it's way easier to slide the mouse fast across it. It won't cause as bad friction with your hand either.

Control has a rough surface so stopping at a precise spot is easier with that. The rough surface also allows more precision on tiny movements.

Albeit, some of my customers told me they're faster using the Control. I myself think Speed is faster. In any case, you'll get used to and adapt to either one of them very quickly. And pretty soon none of this will matter. 

Oh, OP. Sorry for double posting but this is important. They're supposed to be the same price. If there's a difference, it's likely due to availability or something. If not, ask the retailer to check the pricing before purchasing!

Yeah, at best buy they were basically the same price.

13f5cf5963783af6f999152381f0e86f.png

b97bf19c7c80792ad4562ed53834756c.png

LOL if I searched on bestbuy I would've not have to ask up here, would I ? But yeah I searched on amazon and dem price tags caught me staring for 10 minutes

Do you know where I can try them out ? Cuz the pad I bought on amazon that im using right now is pretty rough. Kinda smooth though but I have a feeling it's rough too

Oh, OP. Sorry for double posting but this is important. They're supposed to be the same price. If there's a difference, it's likely due to availability or something. If not, ask the retailer to check the pricing before purchasing!

You will be amazed if u search on amazon for the prices lol

LOL if I searched on bestbuy I would've not have to ask up here, would I ? But yeah I searched on amazon and dem price tags caught me staring for 10 minutes

Do you know where I can try them out ? Cuz the pad I bought on amazon that im using right now is pretty rough. Kinda smooth though but I have a feeling it's rough too

We went in store. And tried both out xD

We bought there so we didn't have to wait two days for prime. :)

The retail package has a hole in it so you can finger it freely through that in any brick and mortar store that sells them, I'd imagine. They're not sealed either so I guess you could just ask them to open them for you. Take your mouse with you. :D Razer has a store-finder on their website.

I bought it from a retailer, both were pretty much the same price.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

The main difference between the two is that the CONTROL has a rougher surface than the SPEED. If you are going to be playing games such as Battlefield, CSGO or COD I recommend the Speed. If however you need the slow movement control then get the CONTROL version. I have a Razer Vespula which has both and I find myself using the Speed a lot more than the Control side.

I had a control but the Mouse does not track well on it Razer naga 2014 would only give me vertical movement at times had to completely wipe my hand on the pad and mouse to clean. Started using a speed model and its much better. I play MMOs and also found the speed to be much better suited for that as well. Would only use the control for internet browsing or slow games like card games or strategy games.  

i7 5820k, Asus Deluxe x99 3.1 board, 2 Strix980tis Sli, Intel 480gb SSD, 4T WD Black, Asus PG278Q, Acer xb271hu, UpDesk!