How to uninstall all metro apps in Windows 10 easily

Matrix Leader

I've always wanted to get rid of all the metro apps in Windows 10 but it only allows you to uninstall a few and not all of them. Apps that I never will use like Photos, Maps, Music, Videos, etc. cannot be uninstalled.
I have tried several ways through PowerShell before to uninstall them but have never got it to work. Finally, a free portable app came out that actually works. I was able to successfully uninstall every metro app!
It's very simple, just right click on 10AppsManager.exe and Run it as an Administrator then select the apps you want to uninstall and click uninstall.

Note: It does warn you to create a system restore/backup before fiddling around with it but I never bothered, it works like a charm.

44rJ14U.png

Download 10AppsManager

10AppsManager is a freeware tool that will help you uninstall and reinstall the default preinstalled Store apps on Windows 10, 32-bit & 64-bit.

It does not require an install. Extract the contents of the downloaded 10AppsManager zip file and place the folder in your Program Folder and pin the shortcut of its exe file to your Start Menu. Simply run its .exe file. Do not seperate out the contents of the Program folder.

To uninstall it, simply delete the program folder.

Clevo P870DM-G Laptop - Intel Skylake i7-6700K (4.0GHz - 4.2GHz, 8MB Intel Smart Cache) with Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra + Advanced Copper Cooling Heatsink | 64GB 2133MHz DDR4 RAM | 2x GeForce GTX 980M 8.0GB GDDR5 SLI | Sound Blaster 3D Audio | 2 x Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (RAID 0) + 2x Samsung Spinpoint M9T ST2000LM003 5400 RPM 32MB Cache 2TB HDD (RAID 0) | Intel Wireless-AC 8260 w/ Bluetooth 4.0 | 17.3" 1920x1080 IPS FHD (16:9) LED Antiglare Matte Type with G-SYNC Technology | Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse | 660W AC Power Adapter | Windows 10 Pro

Thanks! Time to start cleaning :)

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I know in windows 8.1 the following works in powershell:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

Never checked in win10 however...

Thanks. I will be using this.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

I know in windows 8.1 the following works in powershell:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

Never checked in win10 however...

this worked but there were 2 apps that were stubborn and will never get removed, Photos and Camera.

Anyway, so happy I found this to get rid of everything! I never will use any of this metro app garbage. none of them.

Clevo P870DM-G Laptop - Intel Skylake i7-6700K (4.0GHz - 4.2GHz, 8MB Intel Smart Cache) with Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra + Advanced Copper Cooling Heatsink | 64GB 2133MHz DDR4 RAM | 2x GeForce GTX 980M 8.0GB GDDR5 SLI | Sound Blaster 3D Audio | 2 x Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (RAID 0) + 2x Samsung Spinpoint M9T ST2000LM003 5400 RPM 32MB Cache 2TB HDD (RAID 0) | Intel Wireless-AC 8260 w/ Bluetooth 4.0 | 17.3" 1920x1080 IPS FHD (16:9) LED Antiglare Matte Type with G-SYNC Technology | Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse | 660W AC Power Adapter | Windows 10 Pro