8350 more 'futureproof' than 4670k ?

Athlon 64 X4 would be quad core I'd prefer Phenom III but still AMD is in the game, they just don't cater for the "upper class".

No, not at all. AMD is just a bunch of thieves, look at FX-9590... they announced it like if they were Nvidia with their Titan who beat the shit out of other GPUs.

FX-9590 loses to i5 at stock clocks in 90% of applications and where it is actually 'scoring a bit better' than i7 (multiple threads) - it's a mere few % faster and takes 3 times as much power, costs 3 times as much and is a thievery.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

No, not at all. AMD is just a bunch of thieves, look at FX-9590... they announced it like if they were Nvidia with their Titan who beat the shit out of other GPUs.

FX-9590 loses to i5 at stock clocks in 90% of applications and where it is actually 'scoring a bit better' than i7 (multiple threads) - it's a mere few % faster and takes 3 times as much power, costs 3 times as much and is a thievery.

That's one CPU out of how many? my country doesn't even sell it so I don't care for it.

are you telling me intel is any better doing mediocre upgrades each year to get hundreds of thousands of consumers to buying the newest crap on the market?(actually using cheap thermal paste to profit even more.) just look at people going crazy over Ivy B- E it won't be much better than Sandy B- E besides isn't the extreme series of intel also overpricing their products? I guess you could say no since they don't have a competitor at that range, but value for money they aren't worth it.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

Again you are speaking like you are employed at Crytek, CD Project RED, Dice or any other company with high end engines. I doubt you even have 1% knowledge of how they really develop. Maybe ask if you can go visit one of these companies once?

We can put all of this fucking bullshit to rest as soon as BF4 comes out. There you have the Frostbite 3 engine. If Intel beats AMD there, even though the game is "AMD optimized" then Intel is the king and you can't change that.

original.jpg

Hey guys, I can program Frostbite 10. 48 core optimization guys.

Oh, and I fucking love AMD. Some stuff they do is truly amazing. But some people here seem to think that next-gen engines will revive the 8350 and make it 1000% better.

You do realize you have it ass backwards right? Developers typically have nothing to do with the game engine itself unless they are using their own Engine built from scratch. Look at the game Mechwarrior Online it was built on Cryteks Cryengine 3 a game engine thatis heavily multi-threaded and AMD processors perform better then intels in. in the game Mechwarrior Online this is a direct opposite and the game is horribly optimized and whines out on only one core. Cryengine is optimized for multithreading, however developers can screw that up where a game becomes poorly threaded.

Also Crytek is technically speaking a Developer/Technology company as they do sell licenses to use their engine in other games. They design their engineto be Multi-core friendly and they showcase it with in house games like Crysis 3 as their main goal is selling there engine, not just the game. The games they make from their own engine are just an added bonus in profits. It bleeds down to its all on the developers to make games multi-core friendly be it in their own engine or others. If a company does use their own engine then they face a difficult challenge as very few proprietary engines utilize more then 2 cores as its cheaper to develop for less cores, in short CODE COSTS.

You are not well versed in the games industry and how there is more to it then just Code monkeys, its also business, you take the cheapest route. you can pick up copys of the Crytek game engine for free of you are using it for non-commercial purposes, so you can see exactly what the developers see, it all comes down to the skill of the developer and the budget they have to work with to make a game core friendly, as you can easily turn a well optimized engine like the Cryengine or the Unreal engine or even the Havoc engine and turn it into a barely functional piece of code with some bad programming or bad design choices.......game development is not as complex as you make it out to be.

You do realize you have it ass backwards right? Developers typically have nothing to do with the game engine itself unless they are using their own Engine built from scratch. Look at the game Mechwarrior Online it was built on Cryteks Cryengine 3 a game engine thatis heavily multi-threaded and AMD processors perform better then intels in. in the game Mechwarrior Online this is a direct opposite and the game is horribly optimized and whines out on only one core. Cryengine is optimized for multithreading, however developers can screw that up where a game becomes poorly threaded.

Also Crytek is technically speaking a Developer/Technology company as they do sell licenses to use their engine in other games. They design their engineto be Multi-core friendly and they showcase it with in house games like Crysis 3 as their main goal is selling there engine, not just the game. The games they make from their own engine are just an added bonus in profits. It bleeds down to its all on the developers to make games multi-core friendly be it in their own engine or others. If a company does use their own engine then they face a difficult challenge as very few proprietary engines utilize more then 2 cores as its cheaper to develop for less cores, in short CODE COSTS.

You are not well versed in the games industry and how there is more to it then just Code monkeys, its also business, you take the cheapest route. you can pick up copys of the Crytek game engine for free of you are using it for non-commercial purposes, so you can see exactly what the developers see, it all comes down to the skill of the developer and the budget they have to work with to make a game core friendly, as you can easily turn a well optimized engine like the Cryengine or the Unreal engine or even the Havoc engine and turn it into a barely functional piece of code with some bad programming or bad design choices.......game development is not as complex as you make it out to be.

I honestly have no idea what you were trying to answer here. The examples I used were in house engines.

Really now.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

I honestly have no idea what you were trying to answer here. The examples I used were in house engines.

Really now.

Then you failed to realize that even with a basis of a strong Engine proven to be multi-core friendly can be screwed up by a developer and become unoptimized or improperly balanced, in the examples you listed AMD performs the same if not better in, however there are games based off those engines that do not play well on AMD chips, it really comes down to a developer and the specific game in question. My examples lists the flaw with just looking at an engine and moves the blame of poor performance to the developers where it rightly belongs. In Frostbite 3 Command and Conquer Gnerals 2 might run fantastic on an AMD chip where as another game based off the same engine can cause an AMD chip to fall flat on its face. 

The point is you cant Judge engine level performance on only one game, IE your example Battlefield 4.

You want to see raw performance numbers of what game engine is better optimized ? Then grab some dev kits and load a test scene with tons of particle effects and textures and run that same scene on Intel and AMD and that's where you can judge which chip runs it better.