My first OC, how well did i do it?

TheScorpio

Hello, so I originally had a EVGA GTX 780 SC with ACX cooler (reference), Then I installed a Hydrocopper block on it. It is my only card and i do have a good watercooling setup (360+240rad), so i said why not push it to its max =D

Currently, i have flashed the card with skynet 4 bios, and i gotta tell you i spent 2 days tweaking with voltages, and I really do have a bad chip, before i flashed it, it hardly ever went near 1200 Mhz with boost, 

highest ive had it before flashing it was I believe 1136 Mhz

I have been testing all day and the best stable result I had was

• Core Clock: 1241 
  • Memory clock: 1612 
  • Volt: Heres where it gets tricky ON msi afterburner I have it set at 1,269v but it actually runs at 1,263v (while monitoring) or sometimes an increment less (during benchmarks ofc) and peaks at 1,269 every now and then.. (is that normal or weird). I do have the Power Management Mode: set as adaptive in Nvidia Control Panel and i do understand that, but doesnt seem like it make any sense to why it would run lower voltage during benchmarks, and when i try to set it an increment lower in MSI afterburner the test would crash or freeze half way (Hopefully i explained it well :P)
  • anyways thats how far i had to push it to get core clock up to 1241 and have it be stable......... when i check others having same clock at 1,2volt just breaks my heart LOL !
  • Temps: 50/53 

Benchmarks:

57a9d52f6866211c7d771f64288d4c34.png

ebea0d61cdf6b6377bbaa04359c029e9.png

My Concerns: 

Is it awful?if so, how awful it is to keep it at 24/7.. ?

- Cooling wise: the card would never pass 58/60c at almost any case so thats a good thing.

Also Another thing, My CPU is also as horrible as my GPU, i have i7.4770k, which took 1,340vcore to reach 4,5Ghz (with Ram being at 2400Mhz) and was Stable in AIDA64 for 3 hours

only benchmark ive done for it, is PerfromanceTest (PassMark) and it was 12k Score 

Could you guys suggest another program i could benchmark on? for CPU and GPU =D

It's kinda like dating a cuddly fat but not near obese bitch. She's nothing special but she gets the job done.

Congratulations friend!

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

10p6o0k.jpg

Absolute maximum i can achieve for unigine valley.

Stock bios, air cooled,Gigabyte windforce model, i5-3570k@4.5GHz

I would flash it, but i have never flashed a card before and at present there is no way i can replace the card so i can't risk it.

Also you could use prime95 for cpu testing.

Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz | ASUS P8Z77-V LX2 | 2x4GB kingston hyper-x genesis @1600MHz | Gigabyte windforce GTX 780 3xOC rev.2 | 240GB kingston v300 & 500GB seagate 7200rpm | 

Corsair GS600 |  1440p Dell U2515H & 1080p 60Hz tv/monitor | Asetek based AIO 120mm liquid cpu cooler

10p6o0k.jpg

Absolute maximum i can achieve for unigine valley.

Stock bios, air cooled,Gigabyte windforce model, i5-3570k@4.5GHz

I would flash it, but i have never flashed a card before and at present there is no way i can replace the card so i can't risk it.

Also you could use prime95 for cpu testing.

Thats nice, yeah my chip isnt super great.. Also i wouldnt risk changing the bios on that, mine was reference and i found the right bios for it, so i went for it :P

And About Prime95.. just about every guide ive used and a thread ive posted before, people told me to stay away from Prime95 on Haswell, because it tends to over-volt the cpu despite the limit you set.

I haven't had any problems with it, but then again i'm on ivybridge. So i would take the haswell guide information over mine.

Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.5GHz | ASUS P8Z77-V LX2 | 2x4GB kingston hyper-x genesis @1600MHz | Gigabyte windforce GTX 780 3xOC rev.2 | 240GB kingston v300 & 500GB seagate 7200rpm | 

Corsair GS600 |  1440p Dell U2515H & 1080p 60Hz tv/monitor | Asetek based AIO 120mm liquid cpu cooler