printer offline issue wondering if.

FireofDestruction

ok guys we just got a brand new printer, to replace our 7 year old one that kept going offline but now the new one is also going offline. we also just got a router last year when i was building my new computer. we

have 5 laptops, 4 phones, 2 desktops and 2 tablets. my questions are 1. is there a limit on the number of devices you can connect to a modem? and could this cause a printer to go offline if this limit is exceeded?

we have the default modem from cox which I know is....not the greatest.

Most wireless routers don't have a limit that I know of. Try removing the device from your devices and printers and reconnecting it. Also if its an option you could try hard wiring the printer or repositioning it And remember:

printer.jpg

I know my WRT router at home has 10 IP's (192.168.1.10-20) open by default. You can go to your default gateway to change that. Also if your using your printer wirelessly your going have to assign it as a static IP or else you will have to add it back once the IP of the device gets refreshed. If you have any more questions you can PM me or just quote this post.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t