Script Editing

Shadow Gamer

It would be a great help if someone could help me out with my script for an explanation of CPU's. I fear it might be a little bit too technical or not technical enough, and I think a objective perspective on the script could really improve it. The script is trying to target an audience that knows the very basics of a computer(Monitor, keyboard, mouse, computer, etc.), and has heard about things like CPU's, but doesn't how what one is or which ones to buy. 

Here's the script: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B26RIehueJXVdl9mOW45bGRqcDQ/view?usp=sharing 

Best regards,

-Shadow. 

Can we see it or do you not have anything yet? "I fear it might be a little but too technical" leads me to believe that you already have one. You could link it in a Google Doc or post it in a comment...?

Make sure to include cores, hyperthreading, what the clock is (and how it affects performance), 32-/64-bit architecture, manufacturing processes (nm ratings).

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Depends on the audience you are delivering to IMO too how technical or not so much the script will be, if that makes sense.

Specs 

CPU-Intel I7 4790K- @ 4.5Ghz / Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero VII / GPU - GTX 980 @ 1592MHz / RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400Mhz / Cooler - Corsair H105 / SSD - Samsung 250gb 840 EVO / HDD - 2x 2tb Seagate/3x 3tb Seagate / PSU - Corsair RM1000 / Keyboard - Corsair K70 / Mouse - Corsair M65 / Case - Custom Glass panel Corsair Obsidian 750D -  Still saving for upgrades =)

Can we see it or do you not have anything yet? "I fear it might be a little but too technical" leads me to believe that you already have one. You could link it in a Google Doc or post it in a comment...?

Make sure to include cores, hyperthreading, what the clock is (and how it affects performance), 32-/64-bit architecture, manufacturing processes (nm ratings).

I was trying to get just the basic stuff in so I ommited hyperthreading(A beginner is likely to buy a AMD A-series APU without hyperthreading), 32-bit CPU's are practically obsolete and aren't even worth talking about, and manufacturing processes aren't something critical to know about CPU's. I tried to omit anything that is in the TechQuickie series and isn't crucial. 

I was trying to get just the basic stuff in so I ommited hyperthreading(A beginner is likely to buy a AMD A-series APU without hyperthreading), 32-bit CPU's are practically obsolete and aren't even worth talking about, and manufacturing processes aren't something critical to know about CPU's. I tried to omit anything that is in the TechQuickie series and isn't crucial. 

Manufacturing processes are mentioned frequently, so I'd still include it even if it's just a short "how small stuff is". As for 32-bit, they are mostly obsolete, but with Apple recently boasting 64-bit architecture in their new products (which isn't very impressive, they just made it sound that way), it might be worth a mention. As for hyperthreading, yeah idc but it can't hurt to include it.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

FYI it is bad form to use an acronym without first or immediately explaining exactly what it stands for. So the intro might work better if you started with something like, "The Central Processing Unit, or C.P.U., is one of the most important..." 

Hope that helped a little!

FYI it is bad form to use an acronym without first or immediately explaining exactly what it stands for. So the intro might work better if you started with something like, "The Central Processing Unit, or C.P.U., is one of the most important..." 

Hope that helped a little!

Thank you, that helps a lot.

A few little things;

• The CPU is one of the most important parts of a gaming computer, This is incorrect, a gaming computer should be more focused on the GPU, but you are correct for noting that all systems need a cpu
  • Some systems, called servers, sometimes have two CPU's. A server is simply a computer running roles designed to hand out data to other systems. My phone can be used as a server per say if I'm allowing PC's to use it's storage across a network

You might want to include a short segment about CPU Turbo boost and how it isn't actually what people think, you can't stay at that turbo'd rate as it's a temporary overclock/volt to the CPU.

You may also want to mention different architectures i.e. ARM/x86/64/etc.

Hope this helps!

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

A few little things;

• The CPU is one of the most important parts of a gaming computer, This is incorrect, a gaming computer should be more focused on the GPU, but you are correct for noting that all systems need a cpu
  • Some systems, called servers, sometimes have two CPU's. A server is simply a computer running roles designed to hand out data to other systems. My phone can be used as a server per say if I'm allowing PC's to use it's storage across a network

You might want to include a short segment about CPU Turbo boost and how it isn't actually what people think, you can't stay at that turbo'd rate as it's a temporary overclock/volt to the CPU.

You may also want to mention different architectures i.e. ARM/x86/64/etc.

Hope this helps!

Note that I said the CPU is ONE of the most important parts, not the most important part

I tried to keep it as simple as possible so I just generalized "server" as file and web servers.