Windows 10, fresh or upgrade?

NickB
Go to solution Solved by Leonard,

Do the upgrade so you can get your Win10 key then do a fresh install if it is glitchy.

Is it best to do a fresh install or an upgrade? I'm fine with resetting everything

Fresh. Always fresh if you can.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Do the upgrade so you can get your Win10 key then do a fresh install if it is glitchy.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

You get it with fresh anyway

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

you need to upgrade first for your key to be converted to a windows 10 one 

"Try not to take things personally; what people say about you on the internet is a reflection of them, not you!"

Upgrade first, I tried a fresh install before upgrade and the key wouldn't work, so upgrade then fresh install.

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

Is it best to do a fresh install or an upgrade? I'm fine with resetting everything

hey if u want old software to work - like rapid start and others do upgrade so say's the web - if don't need or have errors or suspect malware or virus do fresh setup. fresh windows always is faster until it gets to the point where all the software and drivers and so on are installed nothing slows the boot (it get to the point of an upgrade so...) oh and of curse you need to get a key! after you do that. you can decide what u want to do .  

Edited by Benielishackove

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: