Windows 10, lower game performance

Hey guys, after formatting my SSD+HDD and reinstalling Win10, I now have considerably less frames than previously. I have installed the latest drivers and done multiple scans. I have gone from having 200+ FPS to having ~90FPS. This causes 1 metric F-tonne of tearing and eye strain when playing games. I have monitored temps and nothing out of the ordinary occurs (CPU=57 Celsius, GPU= 70 Celsius). I have turned off Xbox DVR and been through all the regular tips for boosting FPS. I have tried both stable and beta drivers to no avail.
Many Thanks

My system is as follows
CPU: AMD FX6300
MOBO: GA 970-DS3P
GPU: MSI R9 290x
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
PSU: Corsair CX600 
Primary: Drive: 256GB SSD with games & OS installed 
Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 

GPU and CPU loads when gaming?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Hey guys, after formatting my SSD+HDD and reinstalling Win10, I now have considerably less frames than previously. I have installed the latest drivers and done multiple scans. I have gone from having 200+ FPS to having ~90FPS. This causes 1 metric F-tonne of tearing and eye strain when playing games. I have monitored temps and nothing out of the ordinary occurs (CPU=57 Celsius, GPU= 70 Celsius). I have turned off Xbox DVR and been through all the regular tips for boosting FPS. I have tried both stable and beta drivers to no avail.

Many Thanks

My system is as follows

CPU: AMD FX6300

MOBO: GA 970-DS3P

GPU: MSI R9 290x

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile

PSU: Corsair CX600 

Primary: Drive: 256GB SSD with games & OS installed 

Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 

Follow your posts bro.

Have you tried doing Win10 optimizations? OS might be hogging CPU.

GIGABYTE Z97MX-G516GB DDR3 | I5 4690k @ 4.4ghz | 1TB SSHD, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair Graphite 230 | EVGA 650W | Hyper 212 EVO

Cinebench R15: 636(all cores), 127FPS

It's a 290X and a FX-6300.

It's safe to assume his CPU is at 100% and his GPU is at 60%

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

CPU doesn't exceed ~70%, GPU literally didn't got past 50% 

Follow your posts bro.

Have you tried doing Win10 optimizations? OS might be hogging CPU.

I was playing a game to get my most recent loads... 

I will try Win10 optimisations rn

I was playing a game to get my most recent loads... 

I will try Win10 optimisations rn

Any luck?

GIGABYTE Z97MX-G516GB DDR3 | I5 4690k @ 4.4ghz | 1TB SSHD, 500GB HDD, 128GB SSD | GTX 1070 8GB | Corsair Graphite 230 | EVGA 650W | Hyper 212 EVO

I feel like it is driver related.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Any luck?

None as of yet, any specific suggestions? I'm finding a lot of vague stuff

None as of yet, any specific suggestions? I'm finding a lot of vague stuff

Try these (minus the code-splicing one; I don't know about that one tbh)

Try these (minus the code-splicing one; I don't know about that one tbh)

Still no increase in performance, I suppose I'm just going to have to wait for AMD to fix this in their drivers 

Still no increase in performance, I suppose I'm just going to have to wait for AMD to fix this in their drivers 

I'm sorry but I really feel like it is a bad install of Windows.  I think you should give it another shot while installing all the drivers.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

I'm sorry but I really feel like it is a bad install of Windows.  I think you should give it another shot while installing all the drivers.

I've clean installed all drivers 4 times, and reinstalled windows with drive formatting twice.

I've clean installed all drivers 4 times, and reinstalled windows with drive formatting twice.

Probably not going to work but also reset the cmos aka reset the settings in the bios. Then start up windows and go back into your bios and change the settings to what is best.

I'd just like to note my Win10 issues in games lately has mostly been the quality of the AMD driver (definitely lower performance). I'm running 15.7.1 (most current) and it's kind of unstable. I get issues on the desktop with the driver stuttering, causing my displays to do a sort of image replacement/calibration. I'd try the 15.8 beta driver that recently launched. (I'm downloading it now, hoping it's less of a mess than this one.)

Edit:Clarification details.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD 5800X

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 3070 Ti

SSD: WD SN850X 4TB x2

MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus Master B550

Case: Fractal Torrent

PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Well, just by what you're saying I feel like you're doing it wrong.  But it might be a hardware failure.

Spoiler